AppleInsider has arrived at Apple Park for today's new iPhone special event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2019
The world's media has descended onto the Apple Park campus and are entering the Steve Jobs Theater ahead of the launch of new iPhone models -- with AppleInsider among the first to take a look at Apple's new products.

Held at Apple Park in Cupertino, the event takes place in the Steve Jobs Theater, an underground auditorium used for internal company presentations as well as product unveilings. Follow along with us here, on Twitter, on YouTube, and on Instagram to get all the details on the new Apple products as they're introduced live.

Today's event will center around new iPhone models, as per the case for September presentations. The new models, thought to be called the "iPhone 11" collectively, has an extra camera as a main feature, with the third lens rumored to provide an ultra-wide picture for its users.

The event may also feature other product announcements, including new iPad and iPad Pro models, an update to the Apple Watch, a 16-inch Mac Pro, and possibly Apple Tags, a location-based accessory that helps users find lost items using their iPhone.

AppleInsider will be at Apple's Steve Jobs Theater for Tuesday's "By Innovation Only" event. Follow along with us here, on Twitter, on YouTube, and on Instagram to get all the details of the new iPhone and more!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    The theater roof looks great, but how much snow would it be able to support?
  • Reply 2 of 20
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    It's designed to support the heaviest show storm...that will ever hit Cupertino.
    lkruppleighc-sfoStrangeDaysfastasleepmacxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 20
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Here I go again with my fanboy response. I don’t expect anything from the AppleInsider/MacRumors/9to5Mac crowds but “meh”, “disappointing”, “boring”, “no thanks”, “fire Tim Cook”, “Apple didn't do what I told them they had to do so they’re doomed”, “no innovation”, “I’ll wait another year”, “no 5G so failure”, the list goes on. Anyone want to challenge my predictions?
    gutengelMacProtmaymacpluspluswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 20
    lkrupp said:
    Here I go again with my fanboy response. I don’t expect anything from the AppleInsider/MacRumors/9to5Mac crowds but “meh”, “disappointing”, “boring”, “no thanks”, “fire Tim Cook”, “Apple didn't do what I told them they had to do so they’re doomed”, “no innovation”, “I’ll wait another year”, “no 5G so failure”, the list goes on. Anyone want to challenge my predictions?
    These three forums happen to be the three that I frequent...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 20
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    lkrupp said:
    Agreed and AAPL will probably be way down by tonight.  I hope not but it always seems that happens.  Meanwhile, any competitor can totally f***k up and it's 'Oh they'll get it right next time.' Apple comes out with amazing things and it's ...' meh.'
    StrangeDayslkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 20
    The old NeXT crew.

jSnivelyStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 20
    lkrupp said:
    I'm a little less pessimistic. While the usual 1-post-wonders will show up to rage out & leave, and the other-brand FUD dispensers will drop some pellets, for the most part I believe AI has a good base of enthusiasts who recognize the value of the products offered. 
    edited September 2019 tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 20
    DAalseth said:
    It's designed to support the heaviest show storm...that will ever hit Cupertino.
    Good question.  However, remember it’s also made of carbon fiber, so it’s very strong, and expensive.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 20

MacPro said:
    lkrupp said:
    Agreed and AAPL will probably be way down by tonight.  I hope not but it always seems that happens.  Meanwhile, any competitor can totally f***k up and it's 'Oh they'll get it right next time.' Apple comes out with amazing things and it's ...' meh.'
    Yeah what I think happens for some is their myopic inability to see the forest from the trees. They see the normal, expected incremental improvement, or iterations, and never put it together in their head that delivering annual increments is how Apple goes from Point A to Point B to Point C, and so on...resulting in a device that far out performs the original. It's not about any given single-year's increments, it's about the consistent stream of improvement, the roadmap, the cohesion, etc etc... That is the true power of Apple platforms (plural). That's why they continue to drive things forward.
    tmaymobirdwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 20
    MacPro said:
    lkrupp said:
    If Apple stock would be up after every event, we could all buy their stock the day before, leverage the purchase (sorry for using terms you don't understand), and sell it the next day. We'd all be rich. So no, you can't predict stocks, even for product announcement days. EDIT: I see you have 18k posts, so I probably should respect that and not argue with you.
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 11 of 20
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    lkrupp said:
    I'm a little less pessimistic. While the usual 1-post-wonders will show up to rage out & leave, and the other-brand FUD dispensers will drop some pellets, for the most part I believe AI has a good base of enthusiasts who recognize the value of the products offered. 
    Well, the one silver lining in the cloud is that the market pays absolutely no attention to these clowns... or to fanboys like me. Tech blog comment sections are completely  useless and irrelevant when it comes to the real market forces.  Apple knows its customers and really doesn’t care what some asshole posts in a tech blog. That crowd has been trying to take Apple down for over forty years now and have nothing to show for it. Nowadays, however, we have the disgruntled “Steve is dead and so is Apple” “community" that is obsessed with nostalgia for the past.

Oh wait, the vent is starting. Bye
    edited September 2019 tmayStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Where's the live blog?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    My advice is, put the usual suspects in the Ignore list and brace yourself for drive-by posters. 

Im watching the logo changing colours!
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 20
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    MacPro said:
    lkrupp said:
    Buy the rumor, sell the news. It’s not an Apple specific phenomenon. 
  • Reply 15 of 20
    lkrupp said:
    No, but I’ll add one to the list that’s been bugging me for the past couple of keynotes: the format of the event is getting quite stale.

The whole thing needs to be reimagined. 
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Is it me, or did they not mention when all of their new OS's are being released? They always do that during the keynote. Have they left it as "Coming This Fall"? Do we know the release date?

• Reply 17 of 20
    No, but I’ll add one to the list that’s been bugging me for the past couple of keynotes: the format of the event is getting quite stale.

The keynote has become nothing more than a carefully-crafted marketing show. It's very clear that they want the media to take home very specific messages crafted by Apple. While the keynote has always been a form of marketing, back in the Steve Jobs days, they were more fun and less predictable. I do miss Steve's style.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 20

The keynote has become nothing more than a carefully-crafted marketing show. It's very clear that they want the media to take home very specific messages crafted by Apple. While the keynote has always been a form of marketing, back in the Steve Jobs days, they were more fun and less predictable. I do miss Steve's style.

I agree. However, IMHO, increasingly, people are not falling for 'carefully-crafted marketing shows'.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Is it me, or did they not mention when all of their new OS's are being released? They always do that during the keynote. Have they left it as "Coming This Fall"? Do we know the release date?

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/09/10/ios-13-coming-on-sept-19-ios-131-following-on-sept-30
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 20
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Has anyone figured out what the 'by innovation only' was about or referring to?
    MacPro said:
    Agreed and AAPL will probably be way down by tonight.  I hope not but it always seems that happens.
    Hmm... seems Apple didn't do much of anything, and the stock went up this time. Who knows anymore.