Apple debuts iPhone 11 Pro from $999 with triple rear camera

Comments

• Reply 21 of 171
    Mac Pro has been discontinued. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 22 of 171
    Sticking with my iPhone 7 for another year. Or until it stops working reliably.
    ITGUYINSD
  • Reply 23 of 171
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,921member

gatorguy said:
    eightzero said:
    Cameras cameras cameras. Cameras everywhere. Have they announced that I can use the portrait mode to take pictures of my dogs? Because I don't take pictures of humans. I take pictures of my dogs, and would like to have a use for portrait mode.
    I thought they had, but could be mistaken.
    The Xs can do portrait mode of objects, the Xr can’t. Although supposedly there are some 3rd party photo apps that let you do it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 171
    Pretty impressive the presentation with the new cameras. I'm definitely excited to get the new Pro Max. That preorder time for us users on the west coast, yikes! Hopefully I won't sleep through my alarm. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 171
    eightzero said:
    Cameras cameras cameras. Cameras everywhere. Have they announced that I can use the portrait mode to take pictures of my dogs? Because I don't take pictures of humans. I take pictures of my dogs, and would like to have a use for portrait mode.
    They literally did announce you can use Portrait Mode on your dog, with a photo and everything. 
    cornchipStrangeDaysjony0uraharamagman1979Deelronbrucemcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 171
    wallym said:
    Various price points, so that is good.  Wish they could push down to a lower price point on the low end, but that isn't the Apple way.
    They do, all the way down to the $449 iPhone 8. That's the low-end. The Pro is the high-end.
    cornchipuraharaDeelronlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 171
    gskibum said:
    Sticking with my iPhone 7 for another year. Or until it stops working reliably.
    Nobody cares. 
    cornchipStrangeDaysjony0cflcardsfan80uraharafoljsmagman1979Deelrongilly33Japhey
  • Reply 28 of 171
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    eightzero said:
    mobird said:
    I wonder if Safari will be faster? ;)

No 5G apparently.
    Did you expect 5G?
    watto_cobrajeffharris
  • Reply 29 of 171
    Pretty much expected this.... nothing exciting......sort of like a lame duck year until 5G arrives.
    Will keep my iPhone XS Max for another year.
  • Reply 30 of 171
    So battery is 4 hours more on iPhone 11 Pro and 5 hours more on Pro Max, so whats the total life then?
  • Reply 31 of 171
    Wow, the Filmic Pro demo was impressive.
    Indeed. That was the “innovation” in the invite.

Found it interesting though that Apple touts the video stabilisation on its new phone and yet the clip was shot with phone mounted to huge dolly...
    edited September 2019 cornchipllama
  • Reply 32 of 171
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,948member
    but did you guys hear that the new iPhones have cameras?
    dicebier1dysamoria
  • Reply 33 of 171
    Looks like Apple is taking iPhone X trade-ins at a value of $400 (appears to be even for the 64gb). Pretty good compared to 64gb model here:

Gazelle: $246
    eBay avg: $337 (before fees)

...plus with Apple trade in you don't need to worry about boxes, cables, cosmetic wear, fees, etc.

edited September 2019 fastasleepCarnagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 171
    mobird said:
    I wonder if the iPhone 11 is capable of making telephone calls? I didn't hear anything mentioned regarding the ability to make phone calls...
    :|
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 171
    rain22 said:
    Mac Pro has been discontinued. 
    Clearly, since it was in the intro animation and all. 
    StrangeDaysmagman1979lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 171
    sergioz said:
    So battery is 4 hours more on iPhone 11 Pro and 5 hours more on Pro Max, so whats the total life then?
    ;)
    AppleZulu
  • Reply 37 of 171
    dicebier1 said:
    Pretty much expected this.... nothing exciting......sort of like a lame duck year until 5G arrives.
    Will keep my iPhone XS Max for another year.
    If you're expecting annual upgrades to be riveting you'll likely be disappointed for life. Normal people don't upgrade every year, so it's no surprise the updates are the usual 50% processor improvements, camera improvements, etc. You just got an awesome phone last year, so no tears for you.

5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    jony0cflcardsfan80mobirdtmayfastasleepgilly33lolliverbrucemcdysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 171
    Pricing, options and AR view now available on the Apple website!
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 171
    nubusnubus Posts: 377member
    iPhone 15 will have 7 lenses - for an even closer shot.
    edited September 2019 freethinking
  • Reply 40 of 171
    Looks like Apple is taking iPhone X trade-ins at a value of $400 (bigger capacity I assume). Will have to see what 64gb is valued for. Not bad tho compared to 64gb model here:

Gazelle: $246
    eBay avg: $337 (before fees)

...plus with Apple trade in you don't need to worry about boxes, cables, cosmetic wear, fees, etc.

This might be one of the main reasons I might consider doing the upgrade this go around, maximize the trade-in / resell potential value of my X. And as you mentioned, the no hassle process as well.
    edited September 2019 suddenly newtonwatto_cobra