Apple debuts iPhone 11 Pro from $999 with triple rear camera

Comments

• Reply 61 of 171
    dicebier1 said:
    Pretty much expected this.... nothing exciting......sort of like a lame duck year until 5G arrives.
    Will keep my iPhone XS Max for another year.
    If you're expecting annual upgrades to be riveting you'll likely be disappointed for life. Normal people don't upgrade every year, so it's no surprise the updates are the usual 50% processor improvements, camera improvements, etc. You just got an awesome phone last year, so no tears for you.

5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    Annual updates have always been incremental, including when Steve Jobs was alive. Updates of existing product lines are intended to add up over several years to reach a cumulative point were consumers will decide now is the time to upgrade.

Creating that sense in a only single year update will 1) instantly create dissatisfaction among owners of last year's model, and 2) actually cause people not to make a purchase, because they will expect another big leap in just another year, and won't want to put good money into something that's seen as obsolete so quickly. 

MplsPwatto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 171
    Maybe this time all those iOS devices will not look yellow on display when put side by side with Androids. 
    You have no clue about Tru Tone, or the fact that it can be turned off, do you?

You sound like a clueless Androider...
    edited September 2019 StrangeDaysgilly33lolliverMplsPwatto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 171
    foljsfoljs Posts: 390member
    hentaiboy said:
    Wow, the Filmic Pro demo was impressive.
    Indeed. That was the “innovation” in the invite.

Found it interesting though that Apple touts the video stabilisation on its new phone and yet the clip was shot with phone mounted to huge dolly...
    Stabilization is not the same nor a replacement for a tripod / dolly...

Stabilization just lets you get smoother shots while handholding, it can't give you perfectly still frames...
    tmayStrangeDayslolliverllamawatto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 171
    StrangeDays said:
    5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    I don’t understand your point. Faster internet access absolutely IS a big whoop. How and when it’s achieved are subjects of discussion, but the value of increased speed certainly isn’t.
    muthuk_vanalingamjibberj
  • Reply 65 of 171
    cladymon said:
    I'm an apple fan but I wish they would have just dropped price. The market data clearly shows that people are buying cheaper options. If they'd priced the iPhone 11 at $599, iPhone 11 Pro at $799, iPhone 11 Pro Max at $899, they would have turned more heads in the industry. They literally could kill off competition if they would release a solid $400-500 iPhone. 
    They dropped the price on the 11, which is the only one where that probably matters. The Xr is available still for less and your solid $400-500 iPhone is the 8. I don’t see the problem here. 
    Yep I agree, glad to see they dropped price even if it was just by a little. What I'm saying is they could have really put the hurt on competition if they would have released the iPhone 11 at the $500 price point. I know they couldn't because that would make no sense with their current state of keeping older models around to hit those cheaper price points, but it would have been nice. 
  • Reply 66 of 171

Basically, the dullest Apple keynote I can recall. I said some weeks ago that I expected one that was somewhere in the spectrum of ‘blah’ to ‘meh’: that turned out to be a wildly optimistic prediction.

Apple appears to be currently in a holding pattern vis-à-vis its products and services. Looking on the bright side, the stock was flat.

I’ll wait for 2020.

What a shock. Maybe next year you can delight and surprise us by not complaining so much in advance?
    StrangeDaysgilly33lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 67 of 171
    cladymon said:
    cladymon said:
    I'm an apple fan but I wish they would have just dropped price. The market data clearly shows that people are buying cheaper options. If they'd priced the iPhone 11 at $599, iPhone 11 Pro at $799, iPhone 11 Pro Max at $899, they would have turned more heads in the industry. They literally could kill off competition if they would release a solid $400-500 iPhone. 
    They dropped the price on the 11, which is the only one where that probably matters. The Xr is available still for less and your solid $400-500 iPhone is the 8. I don’t see the problem here. 
    Yep I agree, glad to see they dropped price even if it was just by a little. What I'm saying is they could have really put the hurt on competition if they would have released the iPhone 11 at the $500 price point. I know they couldn't because that would make no sense with their current state of keeping older models around to hit those cheaper price points, but it would have been nice. 
    Sure, why don’t they just wipe out their entire profit margin while they’re at it and sell everything at cost? Great business model, you should email Tim.  
    StrangeDayslolliverbrucemcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 68 of 171
    mobird said:
    Looks like Apple is taking iPhone X trade-ins at a value of $400 (bigger capacity I assume). Will have to see what 64gb is valued for. Not bad tho compared to 64gb model here:

Gazelle: $246
    eBay avg: $337 (before fees)

...plus with Apple trade in you don't need to worry about boxes, cables, cosmetic wear, fees, etc.

This might be one of the main reasons I might consider doing the upgrade this go around, maximize the trade-in / resell potential value of my X. And as you mentioned, the no hassle process as well.
    Am in the trade up program and the 11 Max will have the same payments as my 10X Max. More tech at same price, except for sales tax and new case which is the only negative about annual trade in. O’h if you ask nicely the carrier waives that darn line (device) fee.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 69 of 171
    Love the new camera features.. huge leap forward for me. Going for the Silver Pro Max 512.. selling my Xs 512 on Ebay... net will be something around 700ish..
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 70 of 171

Basically, the dullest Apple keynote I can recall. I said some weeks ago that I expected one that was somewhere in the spectrum of ‘blah’ to ‘meh’: that turned out to be a wildly optimistic prediction.

Apple appears to be currently in a holding pattern vis-à-vis its products and services. Looking on the bright side, the stock was flat.

I’ll wait for 2020.

What a shock. Maybe next year you can delight and surprise us by not complaining so much in advance?
    No mention of iOS 13. I know it was presented at WWDC but nevertheless it is a big upgrade coupled with new devices, should have mentioned somewhere. Besides the presentation was 15 min. shy of 2 hrs. giving Craig F. time for his marvelous iOS insights and I meant that in all sincerity.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 71 of 171

I’ll wait for 2020.

Will do. Oh, I should have added (as I mentioned in another thread), the format of these keynotes is getting to be quite stale. It needs to be reimagined.

As an aside, what the heck happened to the 16" Mac, RFID trackers, etc?
    chemengin1Carnagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 72 of 171
    eightzero said:
    Cameras cameras cameras. Cameras everywhere. Have they announced that I can use the portrait mode to take pictures of my dogs? Because I don't take pictures of humans. I take pictures of my dogs, and would like to have a use for portrait mode.
    Actually, yes. Phil specifically mentioned that you can take portrait pics of your dog/pet.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 73 of 171
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    cladymon said:
    🙄
    StrangeDayslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 74 of 171
    mobird said:
    I wonder if Safari will be faster? ;)

"There is no faster - only snappier." - Phonebusters
    mobirdwatto_cobra
  • Reply 75 of 171

I’ll wait for 2020.

Will do. Oh, I should have added (as I mentioned in another thread), the format of these keynotes is getting to be quite stale. It needs to be reimagined.

LOL, now the keynotes themselves aren’t innovative enough? “Reimagined” hahahaha what a joke. 

Nobody expected Macs today. Nobody knows the timeline on the Tag, for all we know that’s a 2020 product. October event with both these and iPad Pros is more likely. 
    StrangeDayslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 76 of 171
    Welcome to what LG was already making in their V series for about a year. Five cameras was in 2018. Also Welcome to Android OLED world. Maybe this time all those iOS devices will not look yellow on display when put side by side with Androids. Well even 2010 iPad holds white balance better than newer Apple devices with no yellow tint (and still works on iOS 10)
    Are you aware of Night Shift? Newer iOS devices incorporate a feature that can make the color temperature automatically change to keep you from having to stare at a bluish screen late in the day, which could interfere with your sleep. The timing is configurable, as is the color temperature. This could explain why you’re seeing warmer screens and changing colors on the devices—it’s intentional, but it can also be disabled if you prefer.
    kitatitlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 77 of 171
    Interesting how the final design looks so close to the rumored renders, yet at the same time not ugly. Proves how much it's all in the details.
    StrangeDaysSpamSandwichlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 78 of 171
    dicebier1 said:
    Pretty much expected this.... nothing exciting......sort of like a lame duck year until 5G arrives.
    Will keep my iPhone XS Max for another year.
    So true, only lame duck stuff. Will keep my iPhone 3g for anorher 5 years. At least.
    chemengin1lkruppCarnagewatto_cobrafastasleep
  • Reply 79 of 171
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member

I’ll wait for 2020.

LOL, now the keynotes themselves aren’t innovative enough? “Reimagined” hahahaha what a joke. 

Nobody expected Macs today. Nobody knows the timeline on the Tag, for all we know that’s a 2020 product. October event with both these and iPad Pros is more likely. 
    He is right. When you begin to see the 'formula' behind the presentation, it takes front row in your perception of the event. It does become 'stale'. I think that's a valid criticism and I think more people are seeing the formula.

chemengin1amarkapfreethinkingmuthuk_vanalingamdysamoria
  • Reply 80 of 171
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member
    Interesting how the final design looks so close to the rumored renders, yet at the same time not ugly. Proves how much it's all in the details.
    I agree that the renders looked worse but IMO these are still ugly (and these are presentation materials - the most favourable angles and lighting).

If Borg had iPhones the black one wouldn't look out of place, which is strange in a way as they probably looked to accentuate certain industrial styled elements deliberately.

I personally am not convinced this was a good decision.
    muthuk_vanalingam