Apple releases iOS 13 GM to developers alongside new betas of iOS 13.1, iPadOS 13.1, tvOS ...

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2019
Apple has shifted on to another round of developer betas for testing, with updated third builds of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 accompanied by the tenth milestone version beta of tvOS 13, and the gold master version of iOS 13.

The latest builds can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center for participants in the Developer Beta program, as well as via an over-the-air update for hardware already used for beta software. Public beta versions of the developer builds are usually issued within a few days of their counterparts, and can be acquired from the Apple Beta Software Program site.

The third iOS 13.1 build is number 17A5837a, replacing second build 17A5831c. The new iPadOS 13.1 beta is also build 17A5837a, up from 17A5831c for the second build, mirroring the numbers used for iOS. Beta ten of tvOS 13 is 17J5579a, while the ninth was 17J5573a.

Alongside the betas is the Gold Master Seed of iOS 13, with build number 17A577. The Gold Master is effectively the candidate build for public release.

The latest betas and gold master arrive ahead of the public release of the milestone operating system versions. Apple has revealed it will release iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 to the public on Sept. 19, while version 13.1 of each will arrive on Sept. 30.

The betas for iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 arrive ahead of the release of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, and largely consist of features that appeared in earlier betas, but are not ready for the primetime milestone release versions for the public. In the first build, Apple brought back the Shortcuts Automation tab, Conversational Shortcuts, the option to share an ETA while in Maps, new HomeKit device icons, accessory animations within HomeKit, dynamic wallpaper updates, new device icons in AirDrop, and a Family Sharing option within Personal Hotspot.

Apple's macOS 10.15 Catalina received an eighth developer build for testing on Tuesday ahead of a launch in October.

Both AppleInsider and Apple strongly suggest users avoid installing betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, due to the potential for data loss or other issues. Instead, the recommendation is to install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to ensure there are sufficient backups of important data before making any major changes.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Updated with information regarding latest macOS 10.15 Catalina build.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    What about iCloud Drive folder sharing?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    "Apple has revealed it will release iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 to the public on Sept. 19, while version 13.1 of each will arrive on Sept. 30." No, iPadOS will be released on Sept. 30, not on the 19th...
    mbenz1962
  • Reply 3 of 12
    clayman said:
    What about iCloud Drive folder sharing?
    According to a tweet by Federico Vittici, of MacStories, it’s “later this fall”, meaning not at the 13.0 or 13.1 release in September. 
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 4 of 12
    It appears that the initial release of iOS 13 will be all sizzle and no meat. It seems the "dot" releases is where the meat is going to be.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    mobird said:
    It appears that the initial release of iOS 13 will be all sizzle and no meat. It seems the "dot" releases is where the meat is going to be.
    Yes, quality assurance above all. 
  • Reply 6 of 12
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    iPadOS should support multi-users, like macOS and tvOS.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    Public betas available.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    JanNL said:
    Public betas available.
    Is the public beta available for MacOS too?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    mims said:
    JanNL said:
    Public betas available.
    Is the public beta available for MacOS too?
    Sure.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    So, IOS 13.1 Beta has wrecked havoc on my XS Max. The haptics and ringer would sporadically work.
    I was missing calls left and right. Tried enabling the visual LED, and that worked half of the time. 
    I downloaded the GM of 13, and downgraded. No issues. I don’t know what it is with 13.1, but it was giving me fits!

• Reply 11 of 12
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    Is there some place where the list of known issues with iOS 13 is posted?  And even more importantly, a list of issues that are fixed in the 13.1 update?

On my new 11 Pro Max, running iOS 13 - I am unable to set a (manual) static IP address or change the default gateway of a WiFi network connection.  The options are there to do it - and it lets me enter everything - but when I tap “Save”, it just throws everything away and remains set as ”Automatic“.

if anybody here is beta testing iOS 13.1, would one of you be kind enough to try it and see if it is fixed?

It’s a hassle to send a bug report - and a waste of time to send one if it’s already a known issue.  I wouldn’t mind spending the time to do it if I knew it hadn’t already been reported (and that’s why I’m asking about an official list or webpage).  My initial google searches haven’t returned anything official or complete.  Just partial lists compiled by individuals and media. I haven’t read them all - but so far I haven’t seen any mention of the networking bug.

Thanks
  • Reply 12 of 12
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    Is there some place where the list of known issues with iOS 13 is posted?  And even more importantly, a list of issues that are fixed in the 13.1 update?

On my new 11 Pro Max, running iOS 13 - I am unable to set a (manual) static IP address or change the default gateway of a WiFi network connection.  The options are there to do it - and it lets me enter everything - but when I tap “Save”, it just throws everything away and remains set as ”Automatic“.

if anybody here is beta testing iOS 13.1, would one of you be kind enough to try it and see if it is fixed?

It’s a hassle to send a bug report - and a waste of time to send one if it’s already a known issue.  I wouldn’t mind spending the time to do it if I knew it hadn’t already been reported (and that’s why I’m asking about an official list or webpage).  My initial google searches haven’t returned anything official or complete.  Just partial lists compiled by individuals and media. I haven’t read them all - but so far I haven’t seen any mention of the networking bug.

Thanks