Apple unveils new Apple Watch Series 5, with always on screen

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    So now on the Apple website I can order either a Series 5 or Series 3. What happened to Series 4? I wanted a lower price on an ECG capable watch, but that's not possible now.

Look for deals at BestBuy & other 3rd party vendors in the coming days --- you may make out even better!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 50
    docno42 said:
    So now on the Apple website I can order either a Series 5 or Series 3. What happened to Series 4? I wanted a lower price on an ECG capable watch, but that's not possible now.

Other sites like BestBuy still have them - better  get 'em while they last!  Also don't forget Apple refurbs.  I've bought LOTS of refurbished Apple gear over the years and never had a problem with them treating it differently on the rare times I needed support. 
    Yes, and now Apple offers AppleCare+ on refurbs as well (it has for a while).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Waited until around 4pm to review options with my wife before I ordered.  I have an Oct 4 delivery date.  Must be a TON of people buying or upgrading their watches.  Fingers crossed that date can move in a bit.   :'(
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 50
    evilution said:
    bigtds said:
    Cool watch but 18hrs battery life is still pretty bad. 
    Mine lasts 4 days however, I'm not on of those people continuously on it.
    I’ve never pushed not charging, but I wear my series 4 from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM normally, and I am seldom below 70%. I don’t play music or talk using the watch so that may explain why I’m not disappointed with battery life. 
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 50
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    So much for the “no new Watch” murmurs on here. This update is awesome. Definite upgrade from my S1. 
    That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it in the Event. A great upgrade from my Series 2.

I'm guessing there's an 'Off' button for the always on feature. It's great that Apple has implemented it, and it'll make a lot of people happy, but I don't know that I'll use it. There will be the 'Theater Mode' but that defeats the Raise to Wrist.

Anyway, I'm getting one. YAY!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 50
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    multimedia said:
    S5 fully explained in the keynote. Also note they doubled the storage ram to 32GB. Yes!
    Holy crap, I missed that! I wonder if more than half can now be used to store music. But even 16G at 128kps is good!

Noted!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 50
    maestro64 said:
    eightzero said:
    The Series 4 is gone. Wonder what that will do to the resale value? And whether Apple will be offering trade-ins (ups.) 
    yes apple allow trade-in on the watch like they do for the phone.
    How much do I have to pay Apple to take my Series 0?
    That’s a collectors item now. Store it in a hermetically sealed box.
    razorpitAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 50
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    dewme said:
    I have the Series 0 Apple Watch and it has served me very well and it still does everything it did when it was new. The battery still makes it through the day. The Series 4 tempted me but I held out just in case the Series 5 was even better. My wait is over. 

maestro64 said:
    eightzero said:
    The Series 4 is gone. Wonder what that will do to the resale value? And whether Apple will be offering trade-ins (ups.) 

Some people are keeping their Series 0 as a sleep tracker while their main Watch charges. Great idea!

razorpit said:
    I was expecting to hear something in regards to a body temperature sensor. No rumors mentioned that, but I thought it would be useful for things like sleep tracking. Speaking of which I missed the keynote. Was there any talk of sleep monitoring like a lot of people thought there was going to be?

No sleep tracking. I'm guessing always-on was a more requested feature/priority otherwise the battery life could support sleep tracking.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 50
    dewme said:
    I have the Series 0 Apple Watch and it has served me very well and it still does everything it did when it was new. The battery still makes it through the day. The Series 4 tempted me but I held out just in case the Series 5 was even better. My wait is over. 

maestro64 said:
    eightzero said:

Some people are keeping their Series 0 as a sleep tracker while their main Watch charges. Great idea!

razorpit said:
    I was expecting to hear something in regards to a body temperature sensor. No rumors mentioned that, but I thought it would be useful for things like sleep tracking. Speaking of which I missed the keynote. Was there any talk of sleep monitoring like a lot of people thought there was going to be?

No sleep tracking. I'm guessing always-on was a more requested feature/priority otherwise the battery life could support sleep tracking.
    When I got the series 4, my series 2 was relegated to work watch only. So I always have one on, and one charged or charging 👍
  • Reply 50 of 50
    maestro64 said:
    eightzero said:
    Apple ask for the serial number and my Stainless Series 0 came up as time to recycle and Apple would send me an envelope to recycle it.