Apple's $699 iPhone 11 is an iPhone XR successor with two rear cameras

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I’ll likely be getting an 11. The colours are fine, the extra battery life is good. I like that it’s running the same chip etc, as the top line phones, mostly. Overall I like the model, and love the drop in price. The only thing I’m a bit disappointed in is the camera. I’m always trying to get closer to my subjects. I was really hoping the second lens would be a telephoto like the old XS. Even 2x would make a huge difference. I don’t need an even wider lens. ~sigh~ But I guess that’s what a clip on is for.
    edited September 2019 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    k2kw said:
    So does this pricing include Trump’s Tariff or is that Tacked on like a Tax???! If this includes the Tariff this Price cut is impressive and Apple is to be commended ALOT.

Tim already paid the Trump tax, Apple products are exempt.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    DAalseth said:
    I’ll likely be getting an 11. The colours are fine, the extra battery life is good. I like that it’s running the same chip etc, as the top line phones, mostly. Overall I like the model, and love the drop in price. The only thing I’m a bit disappointed in is the camera. I’m always trying to get closer to my subjects. I was really hoping the second lens would be a telephoto like the old XS. Even 2x would make a huge difference. I don’t need an even wider lens. ~sigh~ But I guess that’s what a clip on is for.
    I agree. Would prefer a telephoto lens. other than that I'm very happy with the 11 and can't wait to order it later this week.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 29
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    DAalseth said:
    Yeah, they could have even made the 'regular' lens a bit more wide angle and added a 3x lens, but the standard lens i already wide angle enough. If I need wider I can take a panorama shot.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Uh... what new phone is for normal people? I’m not spending $700 for a phone, even an iPhone on a payment plan.

$500 is a stretch for me on a payment plan. $700 is just a stupid waste of money I don’t have.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    k2kw said:
    Any info if the regular 11 is 4x4 mimo this year? I’m assuming it’s using the Intel 7660 XMM like the Pro is but hoping they don’t gimp the speed by only using 2x2 mimo like on the Xr.
    2 x 2.  They cut the price.   What do you expect?   A phone that’s good as a phone.   I guess it will be next year till we can get a QualComm phone.
    Not correct. iPhone 11 is using 4x4, same as the Pro models. The price cut was made possible mainly by lower prices for flash memory. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 29
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    MplsP said:
    evilution said:
    Maybe I was expecting too much from this release. The camera bumps are now on a separate bump so it's all got worse instead of better.
    It's just a spec bump phone.
    Actually the camera bumps look better. Completely irrelevant tho, as I care more about the pictures than someone looking at the back of my phone.
    I honestly don't give a damn about the camera bump. I have a case that's thicker than the bump, I spend my time looking at the front of the phone, not the back and If someone wants to judge me by my phone then I don't really care what they think anyway.
    +1
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 28 of 29
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    robert g said:
    and cost $2500.00 dollars

You're the reason people think iKnockoff users are morons.

wood1208 said:
    Wov!! Apple at $699, reserve 4 for my family of 4.. But, waiting for Pros pricing announcement.

And your whole family gets Apple TV+ for FREE!!

wallym said:
    Sounds like they got the message that people don't want to pay $1k.  Good.  It was a long way from an iPhone8 to an XS, really too far.  Everything is sounding good so far.

another idiot.

JWSC said:
    Nice price point.  I’m in.  3% cash back!

Plus TV+ thrown in for free! What a steal!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 29
    dysamoria said:
    Uh... what new phone is for normal people? I’m not spending $700 for a phone, even an iPhone on a payment plan.

$500 is a stretch for me on a payment plan. $700 is just a stupid waste of money I don’t have.
    "Normal people"? The 11. Financially constrained people such as yourself (not singling you out, but you keep reminding us) is the lower-priced XR or 8 or a 7 or whatever you can get on a 0% payment plan that fits your budget. It's not rocket science, figure it out.