iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max preorders have started

Posted:
in General Discussion
After a brief period of the store being "almost there" right at 8:00 AM Eastern Time, the Apple Store is back up online worldwide and the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro are now available to pre-order. If you want one on September 20, you should probably get going.

The new 5am PDT pre-order time was revealed at the September 10 event
The new 5am PDT pre-order time was revealed at the September 10 event

At 5:00 AM Pacific Time, 8:00 AM Eastern Time, the Apple Store came back online and began accepting pre-orders for the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. While Apple never says how many are available for pre-ordering, it's likely that the initial stock will sell out extremely quickly, if not close to instantly.

You will still be able to pre-order the new iPhones, but you will see your estimated delivery date slip back from the initial September 20. In 2018, it took less than 15 minutes for delivery times to slip for the iPhone XS Max.

This is the first year that Apple has opened online pre-orders at 8 AM Eastern Time. Previously it has been more usual for the orders to start being accepted from a 12:01am PDT. Apple hasn't given a reason for the change, but speaking at the September 10 event, Phil Schiller did remark on it.

"You can pre-order them this Friday at a new time, 5am Pacific Daylight Time," he said, "so you can get a few more hours of sleep and then get in line to pre-order."

As ever, Apple shut its online store for a few hours before pre-orders began
As ever, Apple shut its online store for a few hours before pre-orders began

The iPhone 11 starts at $699, the iPhone 11 Pro at $999, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max at $1,099. Apple is not the only source for the phones, however, and AppleInsider is continually updating the best deals available from carriers and other resellers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    Smoothest pre order process and checkout ever. Total time yesterday and this morning < 4 min. 
    cbrookerjt327gir
  • Reply 2 of 34
    I pre qualified and got is about 5:06 -- Sept 27 delivery :(

cbrooker
  • Reply 3 of 34
    I was prequalified, got in at 5:01, and it had already slipped to Sept 23 for the midnight green 256gb 11 Pro! After I had ordered, I clicked around on the other configurations for fun and couldn’t find a single one that delivered on the 20th! I’m wondering if they actually had any available for delivery on the 20th?! Sold out of initial stock in literally less than a minute is a bit ridiculous. Less than 20 min later, already slipped into October for many of the versions!
    edited September 2019 jt327gir80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 4 of 34
    I pre-qualified for an iPhone 11 Pro. Ordered it at 5:15 and the delivery date was Oct. 4th
  • Reply 5 of 34
    Smooth ordering here! Like someone else said, best yet!

I got the Pro 256 midnight green with delivery on the 20th. Crazy to hear they slipped past that so quickly, but guess these are going to be  another big hit!
    80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 6 of 34
    slevit1 said:
    I was prequalified, got in at 5:01, and it had already slipped to Sept 23 for the midnight green 256mb 11 Pro! After I had ordered, I clicked around on the other configurations for fun and couldn’t find a single one that delivered on the 20th! I’m wondering if they actually had any available for delivery on the 20th?! Sold out of initial stock in literally less than a minute is a bit ridiculous. Less than 20 min later, already slipped into October for many of the versions!
    256mb??? RAM or internal storage???
    chemengin1
  • Reply 7 of 34
    Wanted to purchase an 11Pro on Apple's site with the $400 trade-in option on my X, but when I got to the checkout process it said it was unable to process trade-in's at this time.  Did anyone else have this issue?  So I checked out AT&T's site, and there they are giving a $300 promotional credit with the purchase of a new phone, plus I can trade in my old phone for a $350 credit.  What???!!!  That's quite a bit more than what Apple is offering so I jumped all over that.  Said estimated delivery September 20th, but based on Apple's site saying September 27th I wonder if I'll get it that much faster.  But I'd rather get the $650 in credit and wait an additional week.  Seems too good to be true, guess we'll see how this all goes down.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    slevit1 said:
    I was prequalified, got in at 5:01, and it had already slipped to Sept 23 for the midnight green 256mb 11 Pro! After I had ordered, I clicked around on the other configurations for fun and couldn’t find a single one that delivered on the 20th! I’m wondering if they actually had any available for delivery on the 20th?! Sold out of initial stock in literally less than a minute is a bit ridiculous. Less than 20 min later, already slipped into October for many of the versions!
    Internal storage, options are 64, 256 or 512.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    rattlhed said:
    slevit1 said:
    Internal storage, options are 64, 256 or 512.
    Ah, you didn't note the "mb" part!!!
  • Reply 10 of 34
    slevit1 said:

Is this your first year doing this or something?  Every year...

I got a space gray 256 11 pro max--delivers on 20 SEP. 

• Reply 11 of 34
    Easy pre-order and fast order placement 

cbrooker
  • Reply 12 of 34
    slevit1 said:
    Gb...whoops
  • Reply 13 of 34
    I pre qualified and got is about 5:06 -- Sept 27 delivery :(
    You had to be quick to get one on the 20th. I completed my pre-order at 5:02, and my 11 Pro will be available for pick up at 8:00 AM on 9/20.

• Reply 14 of 34
    256 GB Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro delivers Sept 20.  Piece of cake.  Had it in my Favorites, but still had to reselect trade-in and activation options.  3 minutes.  Cash up front; don’t know if that helped speed things up.
  • Reply 15 of 34
    Extremely smooth process this year for my 11 Pro Max in Space Grey, 64GB delivering on 9/20.

It’s well known that all of these sell out extremely quickly. For those of you complaining shipping estimates slipped when you were ordering at 0:15+ after the hour, I’d suggest setting your alarm a little earlier next time and pre-approve in advance. 

edited September 2019
  • Reply 16 of 34
    My 256 Space Gray 11Pro time stamped 7:04 CDT arrives Sept 20. Agree - Best ordering process ever. Continue my record of new i-Phone every first day. Haven’t missed a one yet,

• Reply 17 of 34
    I ordered around 8:10 EST and was able to get a delivery for 9/20, Midnight Green 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max. I order SIM Free so maybe thats the reason why. I know focks have been stating that theirs have pushed pass 9/20.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Anybody get a receipt, yet?

• Reply 19 of 34
    slevit1 said:

Is this your first year doing this or something?  Every year...

I got a space gray 256 11 pro max--delivers on 20 SEP. 

I order for delivery on launch day every year, since the first iPhone. And I ordered within the first minute! So no idea how mine was pushed to the 23rd! Although, I have had this happen before, and it wound up still arriving on launch day. Fingers crossed it gets pushed up this time as well. 
  • Reply 20 of 34
    Preorder went smooth as always.  Preregistered and was checked out in under 4 minutes.  iPhone 11 Pro max 256 in midnight green to be picked up sept 20 at my local Apple store.  Last year they sold out of certain ones during preorder.  Last few years I’ve went to pick mine up and asked about inventory they always have plenty of every model and color. They seem to be shorting the new hot colors for online preorders and sending a bunch to the stores for people to line up and wait these last few years.