New iPhone 11 Pro delivery times already starting to slip

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    larryjw said:
    I don't need a horse's head in my bed [to] accept a deal I can't refuse. 
    And do you also get a year free of Apple TV+?
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Ordered the iPhone 11 Pro Max, 256, in Green. AT&T receipt says delivers September 19th? Cool if I get it early, but I need to know what day to take off of work. I know from years past, that Fedex and UPS have an embargo on when they can deliver the devices, so, I should go with my gut feeling, and knowledge, but people have also gotten devices early, in the past. 
    It looks like Apple will be delivering some phones on the 19th. When I ordered mine, there was an option to pick it up at the Dallas Galleria on either the 19th or 20th (although there were no time slots still available on the 19th). 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    I overslept, so I was about an hour late getting started. The Midnight Green Pro 256GB I wanted was already sold out everywhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The closest availability was in Tulsa. Online availability was Oct 10-15. The only color still available in the DFW area was Johnny Ives Refrigerator White. 

[Oops. I just realized that was silver, not white.]

I checked the Pro Max with similar results. 

I was about to give up, then I decided to try the 512GB and found one Midnight Green Pro 512 GB was still available at the North Park Apple Store in Dallas. 

I didn’t bother checking 64GB models because that’s too small for my needs. 
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 33
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Ordered 11promax at 6am and pickup store on the 20th, but my son’s 11pro wont be available till Oct 16.....i think the 11pro are well picked than the max

But online memers keep saying iPhone is too expensive? Something can't be right.

larryjw said:

Everyone does. But it starts Nov. 1.

I suggest people buy an Apple TV 4K and enjoy all the 4K Dolby Vision content free. It's a great deal considering the Apple TV 4K starts at  $179!

Or wait and See if a new Apple TV is announced next keynote.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    bluefire1 said:
    For the first time since 2007, and as one who purchases a new iPhone annually, I’m passing on buying any of the new models. The updated camera, supposed increased battery life and average spec bumps just wasn’t enough to entice me. Looking forward to the 2020 models which will be redesigned, have 5G and a host of other desirable features. 
    No one knows whether the 2020 will have a new look. Not that a new shell design means much. 

And a 20% increase in processing, while consuming less power for 4 more hours of battery is an “average spec bump”? ok my guy. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    larryjw said:
    I don't know. The email of the order from Apple doesn't make any mention of Apple TV+. 

Thanks for reminding me to check on this.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 33
    bluefire1 said:
    For the first time since 2007, and as one who purchases a new iPhone annually, I’m passing on buying any of the new models. The updated camera, supposed increased battery life and average spec bumps just wasn’t enough to entice me. Looking forward to the 2020 models which will be redesigned, have 5G and a host of other desirable features. 
    No one knows whether the 2020 will have a new look. Not that a new shell design means much. 

And a 20% increase in processing, while consuming less power for 4 more hours of battery is an “average spec bump”? ok my guy. 
    I don't understand what more people want in a phone. The majority of phone users are using it to talk, text, play games, and take pictures. Increased processing is good for games and the new camera is actually pretty impressive. 5G? Who cares at this point when only a select few of the population can experience it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Marketing 101 or 102 BS ;) they had months to get ready for a launch and have devices ready. They’ve been doing this every year since 2007 I believe 
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Sprint did a “priority” thing on Tuesday after the Apple event and I was able to reserve my phone. I ordered it today around 12:30p et and it says I’ll get it next Friday. Pro Max space grey 256
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 33
    McPhallusMcPhallus Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Appleish said:
    Pre-Pre ordered a Midnight Green 11 Pro for my wife, and a Space Gray 11 Pro Max with the Apple Upgrade Program last night (I've been buying outright, but decided to do this for a change). Opened the Apple Store app at 5. Got in about a minute and a half later. The Pre-Pre order popped up all ready to go. Confirmed, making it now a Pre-order by 5:02 AM for delivery on the 20th.

Smoothest iPhone purchase ever, unless you consider my purchase two years ago through Verizon, when they "accidentally" started selling them 15 minutes early. I got ours ten minutes before 3 AM and enjoyed watching all the pissed people on Twitter who couldn't get through to Apple's site for an hour or more.
    I remember the days when it felt like a fight to get a new Apple product.  First it was camping out in person, then online and having to worry about the inevitable system issues with network load, carriers, etc.  They've had to make it much easier to buy these things since the price has gone way up and the changes less substantial.  

I think it depends on where you live (I'm in the Midwest), but after monitoring the "slippage" of the dates, it seems you could've been fairly lazy this year and still had a good chance of getting what you wanted on launch day.  
    Pinhead117
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Yes, I remember standing in line outside the Apple Store early in the cool September morning. It gives me this great feeling of nostaglia, but I'm happy to order online now. God, I remember standing in line one time for 8 hours. I did get the iPhone I wanted just before it went out of stock.
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 33
    I'm angry ! When I ordered an iPhone in the minutes following the start the preorders, I had an estimated delivery stating September 20th. On the confirmation email, it slipped to September 23-25th. Today it slipped to October 8-14th !
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Hey guys newbie here. I ordered through sprint “priority service” on their app. Iphone 11 Pro 64 gig midnight green. Within hours I received the confirmation email stating all went through with a delivery date for 09/19 (obviously it would be for the 20th). Sunday i got a tracking number showing ORDER PROCESSES and ready for pick up showing a location in Louisville KY. I have seen no changes since and how sprint phone support says ETA of 20-27th but all the other colors on their site show a 9/20 availability. Is it too late to cancel and get a different color?  I leave town Monday for 10 days so I’m kind of stuck 
    watto_cobra