How to choose which iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro to buy

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Hey Spice Boy, The Apple Silicon case is not cheap ($40) and it lasts a real long time...my X's case still looks almost new except where my pocket polishes the corners...it also gives a great surface to cling to...my X still looks brand new after two years of use...My 11Pro's Space Gray color is only seen on the very bottom of the phone...which almost makes colors differences pointless....That would also protect against a broken back saving you $550!
    AppleExposedcornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 34
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    iPhone 11 Pro Max

Not a mouthful at all.....
  • Reply 23 of 34
    The other reason to go with the iPhone 11 Pro Max is the display. The display is the largest of all three iPhones, measuring 6.5 inches versus the 11 Pro's 5.8 and the 11's 6.1 inches.

If having a big display is important, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is the way to go.
    Not necessarily. Actually iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max have the same content area, both are 896 x 414 logical pixels, iPhone 11 Pro is the one with the smallest content area, 812 x 375. With iPhone 11 you still get a big display in smaller footprint.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Ordered the Pro, 64GB, green. Available Sept. 20 in-store.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 34
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    When I get a good deal on a used one in 5yrs?
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Soli said:
    spice-boy said:
    I was disappointed that Apple chose to continue with glass backs on these new models. 
    What would you like? I don’t want plastic casing on my iPhone and I do want inductive charging.
    Something that won't break the first time you drop it like mine did. 
  • Reply 27 of 34

spice-boy said:
    macgui said:
    I've always liked the glass back and it might give an edged to RF sensitivity. My questions is - how slippery is it? Many iPhones seem to require a case as a seconds' lapse in grip could mean a problem for glass or metal back.
    I wonder who'll be the first to file a class action suit if/when that they end up with glass in their ass.
    I broke the back glass on my Xs when it fell off a dinning table. The repair is $550 compared to the screen replacement of $179. If you don't buy an ugly cheap silicone case you might have an insane repair bill to contend with. At this point I can only believe that Apple uses glass backs to bring in some extra cash from an inferior design. 
    You can also believe the moon is made of cheese, if you like. Doesn’t mean it’s true. Repair income is a rounding error for Apple. 
    I never mentioned the moon or cheese, but thanks for the snide comment. Apple is NOT gauging customers who drop their phones. 
    iPhone modelOther repairs (AppleCare+)Other repairs (out of warranty)
    iPhone XSiPhone 11 Pro$ 99$ 549
    iPhone XR, iPhone 11$ 99$ 399
    iPhone X$ 99$ 549
    iPhone 8 Plus$ 99$ 399
  • Reply 28 of 34
    spice-boy said:
    Soli said:
    spice-boy said:
    I was disappointed that Apple chose to continue with glass backs on these new models. 
    What would you like? I don’t want plastic casing on my iPhone and I do want inductive charging.
    Something that won't break the first time you drop it like mine did. 
    So you don't own any glassware, plates, china, crystal, Champagne flutes, etc? Nothing breakable should exist, because you might drop it? What about the front, it's glass too?

I've had nearly every single iPhone and have yet to drop one. I use a case when going to the bar or gym. I guess we treat our equipment differently. I'd rather have nice things loaded with functionality and take care not to drop them. And if I do, oh well.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 34

spice-boy said:

spice-boy said:
    macgui said:
    I've always liked the glass back and it might give an edged to RF sensitivity. My questions is - how slippery is it? Many iPhones seem to require a case as a seconds' lapse in grip could mean a problem for glass or metal back.
    I wonder who'll be the first to file a class action suit if/when that they end up with glass in their ass.
    I broke the back glass on my Xs when it fell off a dinning table. The repair is $550 compared to the screen replacement of $179. If you don't buy an ugly cheap silicone case you might have an insane repair bill to contend with. At this point I can only believe that Apple uses glass backs to bring in some extra cash from an inferior design. 
    You can also believe the moon is made of cheese, if you like. Doesn’t mean it’s true. Repair income is a rounding error for Apple. 
    I never mentioned the moon or cheese, but thanks for the snide comment. Apple is NOT gauging customers who drop their phones. 
    iPhone modelOther repairs (AppleCare+)Other repairs (out of warranty)
    iPhone XSiPhone 11 Pro$ 99$ 549
    iPhone XR, iPhone 11$ 99$ 399
    iPhone X$ 99$ 549
    iPhone 8 Plus$ 99$ 399
    I never said it's inexpensive to fix, I said they aren't using glass in order to encourage breakage, as you concluded. That's simply silly bullshit. They're a trillion dollar company, they didn't get to be with glass backs on the X-series.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 34
    AI: people don't want a smaller phone.
    Also AI: hard sales pitch on larger screen.

It is like you get the whole range is too large so you might as well go big seeing the phone has no home.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Am in the upgrade trade up program. Since I do not outright buy the phone I’am not eligible for Apple TV+ 12 month promotion. You have to buy the phone outright.
    cornchip
  • Reply 32 of 34
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    Am in the upgrade trade up program. Since I do not outright buy the phone I’am not eligible for Apple TV+ 12 month promotion. You have to buy the phone outright.
    You don't have to buy the phone outright to get the free trial. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 34
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    You don't have to buy the phone outright to get the free trial. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573
    Wow thank you very much. Apple Care put me on hold for 5 min. to tell me otherwise.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 34
    mobird said:
    And for those looking for a iPhone 11 in a "small" form factor (SE)... Keep Praying, Wishing, Hoping, bashing Apple/Tim Cook, and the one I like the best - throwing a tantrum/huffing/stomping feet and stating "I'm leaving Apple and purchasing something from the Android Market Place"...
    Amen! I will hold out for a SE2 or whatever name they come up with. I've even written to [email protected] pitching the idea of an SE with built-in FM receiver as a "disaster pack" phone (probably should also be water-proof). Anyway, the iPhone 11 is more "iCamera" than phone.
    cornchip