Apple car could be recharged by a vehicle-seeking robot in your garage

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    mobird said:
    If it is that difficult for the owner of this type of vehicle to plug-in the cable to recharge the vehicle, I'm not sure that said owner should be allowed to be driving in the first place... ;)
    What if it is not just for charging but also augmenting your house battery capacity with your car? Then you are plugging in all the time not just on the demands of the car.
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    mattinoz said:
    mobird said:
    If it is that difficult for the owner of this type of vehicle to plug-in the cable to recharge the vehicle, I'm not sure that said owner should be allowed to be driving in the first place... ;)
    What if it is not just for charging but also augmenting your house battery capacity with your car? Then you are plugging in all the time not just on the demands of the car.
    I guess in an emergency that would make sense, until the power came back on, but in 99% use cases people are more interested in having their car topped off for when they go to use it next.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the lack of imagination from some of the people here.

If the damned car is SELF DRIVING and parks itself, who is going to plug it in to recharge and unplug it when it is needed to go pick someone up? This is ALL ABOUT AUTOMATION. Especially when you consider the possibility there might be an entire fleet of vehicles, used for ride sharing, car rental, public transportation, etc.

There’s also the possibility of public (or private) parking garages, where your car is automatically charged when you park it while you’re away shopping or at work.

Seriously, some people can’t be bothered to plug their phone in and find it extremely more convenient to lay it down on a special charging mat. Is it that hard to believe these same people might find pulling a much longer, heavier cord out a huge inconvenience as well?
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra