Apple brings forward iOS 13.1, iPadOS releases to September 24

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2019
Apple appears to be pushing its operating system release timetable forward, with the update from iOS 13 to iOS 13.1 and the release of iPadOS 13 brought ahead to September 24.

iOS 13 iPhone

Following the release of iOS 13 to the public, Apple has updated the page for the iPhone operating system with some new information. A notification for the update to iOS 13.1 in the small print explains it will be "Available September 24, 2019."

Previously, Apple advised of the release of iOS 13 for September 19, while the iOS 13.1 update would be made available on September 30. The change means iOS 13.1 is arriving approximately 6 days earlier than originally planned.

As part of the same website update, the page for iPadOS now shows a similar shift in release period, from September 30 to September 24, the same time as iOS 13.1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    popplepopple Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    "Apple has updated the page for the iPhone operating system with some new information. A notification for the update to iOS 13.1 in the small print explains it will be 'Available September 24, 2019.'" Anyone have a screenshot for this? I can't find anywhere on the page that references that iOS 13.1 let alone the date on which it will be available. There _is_ a footnote that says "Available September 24, 2019" but that's just indicating when the iPod touch (7th gen) will be getting iOS 13.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    I was just about to get excited. Dag. I hope it is released then. Gimme all the features my phone can take!!
    sergiozwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    popple said:
    "Apple has updated the page for the iPhone operating system with some new information. A notification for the update to iOS 13.1 in the small print explains it will be 'Available September 24, 2019.'" Anyone have a screenshot for this? I can't find anywhere on the page that references that iOS 13.1 let alone the date on which it will be available. There _is_ a footnote that says "Available September 24, 2019" but that's just indicating when the iPod touch (7th gen) will be getting iOS 13.
    Re-read the footnotes. That ** footnote is for a feature that's coming in iOS 13.1.

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-13/features/

We have other sources as well.
    edited September 2019 bshanklolliver
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I haven't found anything on Apple's site either than says when 13.1 is coming out and I've checked several other sites on this story, none offering a link to directly read this tidbit. But it's being reported as confirmed everywhere as well.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    That's great news...shorter wait for trying out Apple Arcade on a larger screen + controller. Having fun with it on my Xs, but it does run on the warm side if you spend more than 30 minutes playing.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 15

We have other sources as well.
    Try https://www.apple.com/ipados/
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    jabohn said:
    I haven't found anything on Apple's site either than says when 13.1 is coming out and I've checked several other sites on this story, none offering a link to directly read this tidbit. But it's being reported as confirmed everywhere as well.

It's a matter of deduction...

Apple listed a bunch of features coming to iOS 13.1.

All those same features on Apple's iOS 13 page were marked (**) for release on 9/30, that date has changed to 9/24.

The same thing happened on the iPadOS page.

So, we can assume iOS 13.1 (and iPadOS) is dropping on the 24th.
    Wgkruegerlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Fine. Where is frick’n Catalina?
    pulseimageswatto_cobratwokatmew
  • Reply 9 of 15
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    lkrupp said:

Released with new Macs in a few weeks.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 15
    On ipad pro beta 13.1
  • Reply 11 of 15
    wlymwlym Posts: 102member
    I sure hope 13.1 (and a Watch update?) fixes the buggy pile of crap that is iOS 13 on my XS and Watch OS 6 on my Series 4. This is the buggiest release I've ever experienced from Apple. I regret updating.
    PetrolDaveDMR1973
  • Reply 12 of 15
    mjtomlin said:
    lkrupp said:

Released with new Macs in a few weeks.
    Off the coast of California Lol. Apple releasing tablet computing operating system first.
    pulseimageswatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 15
    wlym said:
    I sure hope 13.1 (and a Watch update?) fixes the buggy pile of crap that is iOS 13 on my XS and Watch OS 6 on my Series 4. This is the buggiest release I've ever experienced from Apple. I regret updating.
    The apparent move forward of iOS 13.1 to just a few days really makes you wonder if they know about a lot of issues and can’t wait to get 13.1 out.  You can’t rush great software to meet quarterly and yearly things that Wall Street types care about.  We now seem to have Apple having put itself in position where new phones are expected like clockwork in September...   at least the new phones look great,  hope no problems
    watto_cobratwokatmew
  • Reply 14 of 15
    wlym said:
    Yep, since 5.3.1 update, my watch only last 8 hours compared to three days before the update, now with WatchOS 6, it is losing 10% battery per hour.
    twokatmew
  • Reply 15 of 15
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,022member
    wlym said:
    I too find iOS 13 to be buggy and slightly sluggish on my XS. Here's to hoping 13.1 will be a lot smoother!
    twokatmew