Apple's iOS 13 is now available for your iPhone or iPod touch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    netrox said:
    The behavior of context menu is horrible. When you bring up that context menu, it's so easy to make the apps wiggle because you think you would be able to slide through widget icons but you cannot do that. If you slide out of context menu, the icons wiggle too. The context menu should NEVER be "dragged" along with the gesture. It's horrible. What is Apple thinking?!?!! It should keep static and let people slide their gesture to the desired target (icon) and release it.

Works fine for me and was completely intuitive...

I hold, context menu comes up, slide my finger to select. If you slide your finger in any direction away from the menu it assumes you want to move the icon.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 45
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    mjtomlin said:
    netrox said:
    The behavior of context menu is horrible. When you bring up that context menu, it's so easy to make the apps wiggle because you think you would be able to slide through widget icons but you cannot do that. If you slide out of context menu, the icons wiggle too. The context menu should NEVER be "dragged" along with the gesture. It's horrible. What is Apple thinking?!?!! It should keep static and let people slide their gesture to the desired target (icon) and release it.

Works fine for me and was completely intuitive...

I hold, context menu comes up, slide my finger to select. If you slide your finger in any direction away from the menu it assumes you want to move the icon.
    No, you don't drag context menu around, it makes no sense. And try Files and you'll see a row of icons... you cannot "slide" to select a file. 
  • Reply 23 of 45
    I guess I should have been aware that the "find friends" app has been replaced with "find me." 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 45
    I will not be updating my iPhone for the time being. Jason Snell (of Sixcolors.com) just a week or so ago said it was still way too buggy.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    Tried the dark mode. Ugh. No thanks. Switched back to light.
  • Reply 26 of 45
    mjtomlin said:
    mobird said:
    Wonder how soon we will see the update to the HomePod? (audioOS - this labeling I'm not sure about).

Thought it was mentioned that HomePod was getting updated later "this Fall". I'm guessing a new HomePod is coming out, the OS update will be released with it.
    I sure hope not. Shortcuts stops working on homepods as soon as you update your iPhone to iOS 13. Would apple break shortcuts while we wait for the update?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 45
    eightzero said:
    Tried the dark mode. Ugh. No thanks. Switched back to light.
    I love it at night time. Easier on my eyes and less bright light to my partner. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Looks like the send my ETA function in Apple Maps doesn't work either. There was supposed to be a "share ETA" button that is available when a route is running, but there is no such thing yet. 

The first three things I looked at on upgrade are fails. 
    dysamoria
  • Reply 29 of 45
    11:30to 4:05. Over four and a half hours to update my SE. Now that its back I haven’t noticed much different, but I just started playing with it. 
  • Reply 30 of 45
    Does dark mode save battery usage on OLED phone?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Why does Apple Maps still not have multiple destination capability?
    tadd
  • Reply 32 of 45
    sinbaddysinbaddy Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I have an iPod touch 7th gen and still no update available through settings or iTunes. Anyone know when that update will drop for the iPod? Thanks!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 45
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I can say my SE feels a lot faster. TouchID opened NOW. Apps open NOW. It feels a lot quicker.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 45
    waverboy said:
    Not enough demand for such feature. Apple will add features that a lot more people asked for.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 45
    taddtadd Posts: 136member
    kevin kee said:
    waverboy said:
    Not enough demand for such feature. Apple will add features that a lot more people asked for.
    That makes sense.  How does one ask? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 45
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    So I'm on an SE and '09 Mac Pro and before installing I got a mysterious popup that said I needed to "install software before updating". A little unusual I thought but OK... then it said I needed to quit iTunes before installing (the mystery software, not the update) which I thought very unusual. 

Anyone else get this? 
    pulseimageswatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 45

ForumPost said:
    I have the border threshold device for the latest iOS, iPhone SE. Need to upgrade my phone in order to catch up by this time next year.  :/
    same boat. LAME. : ( 
    pulseimages
  • Reply 38 of 45
    mjtomlin said:

Does anyone have tips or a resource on how to update multiple iPhones (iPhone 8, if it matters) at the same time, without downloading the files over and over? Most of the resources I see online are from 2011 and I imagine it's changed.

If you have a Mac you can use it as a software update cache.

Updates get downloaded to it... then your devices update from it rather than Apple's servers.

System Preferences -> Sharing -> Content Cache

*Note: Doc says after caching is turned on, reboot your devices to locate the cache quicker.
    Thank you!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 45
    tadd said:
    kevin kee said:
    waverboy said:
    That makes sense.  How does one ask? 
    Try this:
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

And then select Feature Request.

edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 45
    I will not be updating my iPhone for the time being. Jason Snell (of Sixcolors.com) just a week or so ago said it was still way too buggy.

Reading through a few of these. which one was it?