watchOS 6 for Apple Watch is now available to download

Comments

• Reply 41 of 77
    auxio said:
    saarek said:
    auxio said:
    saarek said:
    I wonder why they are forcing Series 1 & 2 users to wait. The update isn't good enough to get people to update in frustration at having to wait, so trying to see the benefit here.
    Yeah, that's probably why I'm still waiting.  I have a Series 2.  So perhaps that's how they're staging the rollout to prevent overloading the servers: by watch series.
    I love my Series 1, won't bother replacing it until the battery dies or they find a compelling reason to upgrade. I'll definitiely be buying a cellular model for the next one though.
    Yeah, I bought the SS Series 2 with the link bracelet because I wanted to treat it like a real watch.  You know, one which is built well, looks nice and you keep for a long time.  Still works great and I have no plans to get a new one soon.
    Well, I was in the same boat: bought a SS Series 0 pretty early on with the intent of keeping it for a long time. Bought my wife one as well a bit later.

Then about 18 mo ago, they both popped their screens due to the battery issue. However, Apple was pretty good about replacing both of them with new ones. (I ended up with a S2 which was even better.)

However, my wife's screen just popped again. Not sure Apple's keen on replacing it again (we'll see Monday) but I certainly won't be following that mindset again. I can't see me going with anything other than good old Al case models from here on out.
  • Reply 42 of 77
    From the article:

During its annual iPhone event, Apple also debuted other new features including sleep tracking. This includes a new Sleep app which will monitor movement and noise while sleeping to give the user a sleep quality score.

It will remind users to charge their watch before bed to prevent the battery dying and will disable the alarm if the user wakes before a scheduled alarm is set to go off.

This isn’t real as far as I know. There is no sleep tracking native to watchOS 6. Not sure where this came from.
    edited September 2019 smyliex3chaicka
  • Reply 43 of 77
    For some reason Shortcuts aren’t working from watchOS 6 on my Series 4. I get a message, “Sorry, Shortcuts is currently unavailable on Apple Watch.” I wonder if this is something to do with iOS 13.1 not being ready yet and iOS 13.0 has some Shortcuts limitations. But it was a surprise. I use my Apple Watch all the time to run shortcuts.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 77
    jdb8167 said:
    From the article:

During its annual iPhone event, Apple also debuted other new features including sleep tracking. This includes a new Sleep app which will monitor movement and noise while sleeping to give the user a sleep quality score.

It will remind users to charge their watch before bed to prevent the battery dying and will disable the alarm if the user wakes before a scheduled alarm is set to go off.

This isn’t real as far as I know. There is no sleep tracking native to watchOS 6. Not sure where this came from.
    Glad I’m not the only one that noticed this, they should really check their content before posting.
  • Reply 45 of 77
    I keep checking for my series 1, no dice.
  • Reply 46 of 77
    jdb8167 said:
    For some reason Shortcuts aren’t working from watchOS 6 on my Series 4. I get a message, “Sorry, Shortcuts is currently unavailable on Apple Watch.” I wonder if this is something to do with iOS 13.1 not being ready yet and iOS 13.0 has some Shortcuts limitations. But it was a surprise. I use my Apple Watch all the time to run shortcuts.
    I cannot remember the details. I think iOS 13 pulled something about shortcuts automation and returns only in iOS 13.1. Good thing is that 13.1 is now going to be release earlier on 24th instead of originally announced 30th Sept.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 77
    is this only for certain users?  not showing for me (series 4)
    I just updated my series 4.
    I had to update my iPhone first though.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 77
    I updated my Series 3, no sound level complications or app. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 77
    I’m on a Series 3 as well, and don’t see the Noise app.

Edit: Turns out the Noise app is Series 4 or later

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/noise-apd00a43a9cb/watchos
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 77
    Herein lies my problem. I only have an iPhone 6 Plus which can't upgrade to iOS 13. I have an iPad but an Apple Watch can't connect to that. This is a MAJOR pain because I can't afford a new iPhone.
  • Reply 51 of 77
    Kris2112 said:

That’s a bummer, it was a feature I was really looking forward to. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 77
    Oops
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 53 of 77
    Apple has officially posted that series 1 and series 2 can’t get Watch os 6 until later this year

Please correct article 

edited September 2019
  • Reply 54 of 77
    watch os 6 is NOT available at this time for apple watch series one or two. later this year says apple
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 55 of 77
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Kris2112 said:

Yep, probably no hardware reason for it, but they need to try and force people to upgrade where they can.
  • Reply 56 of 77
    If I install WatchOS using my wife's iPhone can I then unpair it and repair it with my iPhone 6 Plus?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 57 of 77
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    I don't get why WatchOS requires a particular version of iOS shouldn't they be untethered by now?
  • Reply 58 of 77
    Apple Watch 4 with WatchOS, 10 hrs and only 25% battery left, ffs!!!
  • Reply 59 of 77
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    DMR1973 said:
    Give it another day. It’s not unusual with a full OS update to find a lot of file organisation/work in the background for the first day.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 77
    saarek said:
    DMR1973 said:
    Give it another day. It’s not unusual with a full OS update to find a lot of file organisation/work in the background for the first day.
    Since 5.3.1 update my watch battery has gone from three days of battery to 8hrs of battery, I was hoping that WatchOS 6 would have fixed this!