Review: dbrand skins are one way to protect your Apple Card

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    fred1 said:
    cgWerks said:
    I don't even know how to react to this...
    One of the first times I'm kind of embarrassed to be associated with Apple.
    I agree with you entirely.  Where were the materials experts and innovators when this was designed?  What a mess.
    Then you two are bigger idiots than those 'net trolls who'd try to shame you via some imagined guilt by association.

Get the card, don't get the card.
    Use the card, don't use the card.
    Protect the card, don't protect the card.

What anybody worries or badmouths about was somebody else does is just poor self-esteem and insecurity. And anybody who gives a flip about what they think isn't any better off. Just a bunch of bitchy little girls all. So fucking tedious.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    superkloton said:
    That's nice and all but Card doesn't have RFID anyway. You can't use them contactlessly.
    I've had readers pick up a card in my wallet while holding the machine. So, whatever it is (if not RFID), having some kind of shielded place to store it might not be a bad idea.

CloudTalkin said:
    It may not be a status symbol to me and you, but it's pretty obvious that a certain segment of the population views anything Apple as a status symbol... card included.  Now I'm not judging them, just sayin' they exist and they feel that way.
    Heh, well I'll judge them, then! They are ruining Apple (though Apple seems to be flirting with them constantly).

On the No Agenda show recently, they were talking about being at some sporting event, and the guy buying his beer made a fist, tapped his AW to pay for it and then did a punch into the air with some kind of cheer. Maybe the situation was misread, but it seems some people think it makes them pretty cool or something.

AppleExposed said:
    1. This isn't an Apple product.
    2. You're embarrassed Apple released a revolutionary product that's so beautiful people want to protect it?
    re 1 - I was talking more about the AppleCard, though this product is a bit embarrassing too. A product that makes the thing it is designed for not work properly? Anyway...
    re 2 - No, I'm embarrassed Apple couldn't get the design of a simple credit card right.
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 23 of 28
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    macgui said:
    fred1 said:
    cgWerks said:
    I don't even know how to react to this...
    One of the first times I'm kind of embarrassed to be associated with Apple.
    I agree with you entirely.  Where were the materials experts and innovators when this was designed?  What a mess.
    Then you two are bigger idiots than those 'net trolls who'd try to shame you via some imagined guilt by association.

Get the card, don't get the card.
    Use the card, don't use the card.
    Protect the card, don't protect the card.

What anybody worries or badmouths about was somebody else does is just poor self-esteem and insecurity. And anybody who gives a flip about what they think isn't any better off. Just a bunch of bitchy little girls all. So fucking tedious.
    So no one is entitled to an opinion . . . but you?

What anybody worries or badmouths about was somebody else does is just poor self-esteem and insecurity.”
    Thank you by showing your own poor self-esteem and insecurity by saying this. I can see how accurate what you say is. 
  • Reply 24 of 28
    lovemn said:
    Amazon has the old fashioned paper credit card holders like we used to use. Four for very little. 
    Excellent point.  I think I have one of those tyvek sleeves somewhere.
    I don't think i realized that individually protecting credit cards was a thing....or that a credit card had "status" appeal...

Now my web server Iici - that is a different story :D
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 25 of 28
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    These skins are absolutely wonderful.  I love the finishes but I am concerned that with normal use, they will show some wear and tear. Is anybody aware of a product that will help me protect these skins? 😝 
    razorpit
  • Reply 26 of 28
    I can’t decide what’s more disturbing; the fact that these exist or that someone has chosen to write about (promote) them. 
    razorpit
  • Reply 27 of 28
    The best way to not get it dirty is to not apply for it in the first place 🙃
    bigtdscgWerksrazorpit
  • Reply 28 of 28
    How does this end up with a 3.5 star rating when the stickers potentially hamper the key reason you would be using the physical card in a non-NFC terminal, and then on top of that, covering the Apple Card with a sticker seems like a waste given one of the selling points was the unique and attractive finish.