Apple releases full trailer for Apple TV+'s 'For All Mankind'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released the full official trailer of the Apple TV+ drama 'For All Mankind,' with the two-minute video showing more of the alternate-reality space race story that will form part of the video streaming service's launch roster in November.

Released on Thursday, the trailer offers a closer look at "For All Mankind," on top of the first-look video for the show shared in June. The new two-minute trailer adds more of the backstory for the show, which will be available to view from November 1 on Apple TV+.

Created by Ronald D. Moore, previously known for his work on "Star Trek," the reboot of "Battlestar Galactica," and "Outlander," "For All Mankind" is based on the what-if scenario of the Soviet Union beating the United States to land on the Moon. The failure to be first to Earth's satellite prompts NASA to further its development to become the first to complete other space endevours, with the show telling the story from the viewpoint of the astronauts, engineers, and their families.

Moore is an Executive Producer for the show, working alongside Maril Davis, Matt Wolpert, and Ben Nedivi. The stars of the show include Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Wrenn Schmidt, Shantel VanSanten, Sarah Jones, and Jodi Balfour.

Apple is releasing "For All Mankind" as one of the first batch of programming commissioned by the company for the Apple TV+ service, which will cost $4.99 per month for the subscription. Users will be able to get a free year of Apple TV+ when they buy select Apple products.

Rather than being limited to one country, Apple will be rolling out Apple TV+ to 100 markets at launch on November 1. Along with Apple devices like the Apple TV, iPhone, and Mac, Apple is also making the service available on third-party hardware, starting with select Samsung smart TVs.
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Waiting for the possibility of refreshed iMacs (my late 2013 iMac 14,2 is getting long in the tooth) in October and will definitely claim my free year of TV+ if that happens. 
    lolliverAppleExposed
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lkrupp said:
    Waiting for the possibility of refreshed iMacs (my late 2013 iMac 14,2 is getting long in the tooth) in October and will definitely claim my free year of TV+ if that happens. 
    Apple explained that this "free year" is available only once per Apple ID. And that means some people may create new Apple IDs each year so that they can buy a new product every year (like the $150 Apple TV HD) in order to get the free $60 "free year" of Apple TV+. That's like a 40% discount on an Apple TV HD once per year. As a result of this "scheme" I've been wondering if this will cause people to delay their purchase of various Apple hardware, so that they can get a free $60 value every year, or whether people would accelerate their purchases to keep their "free" TV service. Or maybe people aren't smart enough to figure this out, or maybe they are too lazy to bother with this idea.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Or maybe, just maybe, once Apple has launched Apple TV+, they will no longer offer the discount in years going forward. Perhaps, it is just a "launch" promotion to get people watching and familiar with the new "network."
    edited September 2019 lolliver
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I haven't watched this trailer but I saw an earlier one. It looks interesting enough to me to check out, especially when I'll be getting the service for free at first. I'm also curious to see how Amazing Stories turns out. I remember the show from when I was a kid and I was very excited about it. But I also remember being moderately disappointed in the show and I quickly lost interest. Now I couldn't even begin to tell you what any of the episodes were about.

lkrupp said:
    Apple explained that this "free year" is available only once per Apple ID. And that means some people may create new Apple IDs each year so that they can buy a new product every year (like the $150 Apple TV HD) in order to get the free $60 "free year" of Apple TV+. That's like a 40% discount on an Apple TV HD once per year. As a result of this "scheme" I've been wondering if this will cause people to delay their purchase of various Apple hardware, so that they can get a free $60 value every year, or whether people would accelerate their purchases to keep their "free" TV service. Or maybe people aren't smart enough to figure this out, or maybe they are too lazy to bother with this idea.
    So, the plan is to spend $150 every year to "save" the $60 per year that Apple TV+ will cost? If I already have an Apple TV for all of my screens why would I pay $90 more than I need to for Apple TV+? Not to mention going through the potential hassle of managing multiple AppleIDs. For all we know Apple TV+ will only work on an Apple TV that has the proper AppleID signed in. What happens to the other services that are tied to my "main" AppleID like iCloud and Apple Music? This doesn't seem like a good plan from where I'm standing.
    lolliver
  • Reply 5 of 9
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    I have not seen wording that implies that the free year with hardware purchase is an ongoing thing anywhere.  It could actually be a once off.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Can’t wait to see all the comments about this from the woman-hating moon hoaxers. 
    lolliverAppleExposed
  • Reply 7 of 9
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Haven't seen it but I know this show will suck and Apple needs to stay away from content!

/s

lkrupp said:

Too much work and patience. If someone wants the new iPhone they're not gonna delay their purchse for TV+. At least most people won't.

At best a new device purchase will extend you free year to start at your last purchase.
    For example:
    Buy iPhone 11 and get TV Plus until Nov. 2020
    Buy Apple TV for Christmas and get TV+ pushed forward to late December 2020
    Buy Macbook for school year in June 2020 and get TV+ pushed forward again to June 2021
    etc.

So basically as long as you buy a new product within the year you'll never have to pay for TV+.

Or maybe, just maybe, once Apple has launched Apple TV+, they will no longer offer the discount in years going forward. Perhaps, it is just a "launch" promotion to get people watching and familiar with the new "network."

Bad idea as most people see the free year as a reason to buy Apple products. This promo will help sales greatly. I'm betting a lot of Android switchers will jump to Apple the coming year. Maybe Apple will offer an Apple Arcade promo as well.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    So far, I can't get excited by this show...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    I'm in. I don't see a phone in my future this go-round and maybe the next, but maybe a new MBP. My 2015 iMac is in good shape, so it stays. But I'm looking forward to take ATV+ for a test ride and to this movie.