I have 2 StyleWriters and neither work!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Style Writer II and a Color Style Writer and they both have the same problem.

They both print like normal. Sound normal. Act normal.

The only problem is that they print a blank sheet. It's like they're out of ink. But I put new ink in. Still same problem.

The most obvious common factor in these problems is me, the user. :

What the hell am I doing wrong?

It's actually been like 2 years since I've tried to use these printers. At the time, I was a student and quickly gave up trying to solve the problem. Then, I could easily print my documents in university computer labs.

Now I've graduated. (What was I thinking? ) And I need to print stuff! I've still held onto these 2 printers. I hope I can make one work for me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

It's actually been like 2 years since I've tried to use these printers.

you've answered your own question.

they aren't working because they've sat for two years. inkjet printers are picky about stuff like that.

you might want to look online on how to fix this, although for me isopropal alcohol always worked well. (on a q-tip)

if you clean off the print heads, it should start working again, although as i mentioned, i'd check online about the best way to do this first.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    Try priming the heads (described in the manual) and probably in Apple online TIL

If this does not work try the isopropyl alcochol

If that does not work change the cartridge to a frech one.

HP printers were the rubber roller both lift the paper and take it through a 180 degree turn are affeced by the roller drying out but the canon paper feed is with downwards and a gentle 60 degree bend so there is no reason for them to wear out ever!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well actually, it was 2 years ago when the printers stopped working. It's just now that I'm getting around to doing something about them. Until now, it was easier to just print my documents whenever I found myself in a university computer lab, which was often. And the printouts looked much better.

No, at the time, the problem just abruptly began. First one printer, and then the next. I purchased the second because it was cheaper than having the first one repaired.

One page, the printout looks fine. Next page, the printout is a white sheet. It never started to go gray, as you'd expect when the ink tank is running low.

Anyhue, I'll try your recommendations and buy new ink and see what happens. I didn't expect 2 year old ink to be any good! I just mostly wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

I'll let you know what happens...

Thanks again!