Apple shares photos of Mexico City flagship retail store Apple Antara

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2019
Apple Antara has opened in Mexico City, welcoming thousands of customers in the Polanco district.

Apple Store Antara opening

Apple has shared photos of the opening of Apple Antara, their first flagship store in Latin America. The store is a large, single-story structure located at Antara Fashion Hall in Cuidad de Mexico's Polanco district.

Bienvenidos a Apple Antara! We are thrilled to welcome the Mexico City community to our beautiful new store. Pon tus ideas a soar. pic.twitter.com/dy5DTlFGQY

-- Tim Cook (@tim_cook)

It boasts a glass facade that doubles as an entryway. Curved glass corner pieces round out a nearly seamless glass-walled design. The 20-foot wide opening takes advantage of the mild climate to help blur the line between indoors and out.

Deirdre O'Brien

Deirdre O'Brien, Apple's senior vice president of Retail + People was on site to to welcome customers to Apple Antara.

Customers

Customers got to experience the latest offerings from Apple, including the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and the Apple Watch Series 5.

Edgar Flores

Mexican illustrator Edgar Flores made an appearance, leading a Today at Apple session and creating a communal art piece with participants.

Girl Ultra performs

R&B singer Mariana de Miguel, better known as Girl Ultra, gave a performance for the stores opening.
applesnoranges

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Samdroids and Huaweiwhiners would kill to have this kind of loyalty and branding.
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Beautiful Store... 🙂
  • Reply 3 of 4
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Must be exciting too get a first real Apple Store.

sflocal said:
    Samdroids and Huaweiwhiners would kill to have this kind of loyalty and branding.

Had their knockoff companies invented iPhone/iPad/Mac/AirPods etc. they would have this.

If I owned a company I'd know damn well if my company is not creating but stealing, I'm not gonna have an emotional connection with my customers.
    Most iKnockoff users don't give a s**t who made their phone they just grab whatever's free or cheap.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    Must be exciting too get a first real Apple Store.

sflocal said:

Had their knockoff companies invented iPhone/iPad/Mac/AirPods etc. they would have this.

If I owned a company I'd know damn well if my company is not creating but stealing, I'm not gonna have an emotional connection with my customers.
    Most iKnockoff users don't give a s**t who made their phone they just grab whatever's free or cheap.
    I suggest you read up on brand loyalty, marketing and the psychology behind it.

Brand loyalty is almost always temporary. People switch loyalties and many have none. Some people even feel tied to products due to different types of 'lock-in'. In that case the word loyalty isn't even fitting. Or when people don't want to learn something new. They are literally used to doing things one way and prefer not to change. That isn't brand loyalty in the sense you are using.

I don't buy Apple products to make Apple rich. I buy them if I see value and they offer what I am looking for. That is why I don't celebrate massive profits when they are announced by any company. Deep down I question them. I want to know how much value I am receiving in my personal situation. That doesn't mean profits in general are evil. They are necessary but I question many aspects of profits and where they go. I have major issues that spend millions on flagship stores only to refit them with too much frequency. Huge rents, just to be on some street when there are better areas at half the price?

It's a bar that is tied tightly to the price you pay and the experience you get in return but it is virtually always temporary.

Look no further than companies like Sony that literally ruled their roost for years until it all went belly up from a brand loyalty perspective.

Apple is really no different and definitely isn't alone in terms of brand loyalty.

When things go wrong, be it through poor design decisions, faulty products, poor customer care, upsell, pricing etc you quickly realise how frail that loyalty is.

If you become 'emotionally' attached to a company just because of its products and feel the need to attack others, it really is time to step back and re-evaluate things.

I will say though that the retail store experience is vital for Apple in South America (and just about everywhere). It's late coming but necessary.

edited September 2019