Apple releases iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, watchOS 6.0.1 updates

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    I still can't get Mickey to talk after updating.......
    larryabonobob
  • Reply 22 of 46
    can someone actually explain what the camera bug is?  on my 11 pro max sometimes when I launch camera there's a lag before the camera actually pops up to let me take a picture.  is that the fixed issue? the only other weird bug i've noticed is whenever I take a screenshot and do markup/crop then save, all my markup/cropping edits just vanish 
    azjay
  • Reply 23 of 46
    I'm trying to disassociate 13 with being an unlucky number, but it's hard to me to deny that 13 hasn't been one of the most buggy releases in a decade - at least for me. I'm having trouble with Siri adding items to my shopping list via HomePod, iCloud sign-ins on Apple TV's, AirPlaying video from iPad to Apple TV's, AirPlaying audio from my Apple TV's to Sonos speakers - all things that worked perfectly in 12.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    How many updates in the past week now? This seems completely insane.
    rll69dysamoria
  • Reply 25 of 46
    What's next? And when?  13.1.3 or 14?  Next iPhone in the Spring or Fall?
  • Reply 26 of 46
    I'm finding that iPadOS 13 isn't working as well when it comes to screen rotation.  For example, I can lift up my iPad and the screen is upside down.  I have to turn it to portrait and then back to landscape for it to be right side up.  I never had this problem with the earlier iOS releases.  I also notice that my mail works different than before.  My mailbox is full of spam, so I basically touch the bottom one and work my way up deleting them one by one (every now and then, I have some legit mail).  The new mail doesn't highlight each message as I delete them, but it shows the message in the right pane.
    When I picked up my iPad just now, the icons were correctly oriented but the dock was stuck on one side of the screen, turned 90 degrees. When I saw this headline, my first thought was to wonder if that’s one of the bugs they’d be fixing with this update. 
    Interestingly, that’s one of the bugs I reported during the betas. I haven’t seen it on my ipad with the release so thought it fixed, but there must be use cases that still expose the bug. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 46

TomE said:
    If you are in the negative camp, then just don't update.

I'm that guy. I just don't update my iPhone. They fix bugs and we get new bugs. Seems rather pointless.

And yet you’re not running iPhone OS or early iOS. clearly, they catch up to fixing bugs and we’re left with much better software over time. 

It’s like you guys have never heard of bugs before. Or never had to had to experience Windows updates...ugh. Anyway, software isn’t as easy as non-developers think it is, and as our devices get more complicated and do more, bugs happen. 
    MissNomerfastasleeplkruppbonobobchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 46
    I assume iCloud Drive file sharing will come out in 13.2. Desperately waiting for that and sign in with Apple. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 46
    tzeshan said:
    It is true that for a huge OS like iOS there are tens of thousands and more testings to be done. However, most of them can be done by computers. In this day, computers are very fast, they can finish tens of thousands of tests in less than a day. Does Apple know how to do this? 
    Yes. I don't know for a fact, but I cannot imagine Apple's CI/CD processes are very stringent, current bugs not withstanding.

The issue is probably more to due with iOS 13 released too early and decisions made to then release on a very fast cadence.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 46
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I'm waiting for wOS6 for my S2 watch. I'm not too antsy as yet, as I don't know what it'll give us S2 owners. No doubt some features/functions won't be available for the S1 and 2.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 46
    I'll wait until at least 13.2 -- QA at Apple for iOS 13 seems poor at best.

2 months from now, this will all be irrelevant and forgotten. But until then...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 46
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,241member
    Boom, boom, boom... they're on fire!
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Seriously, stop all the complaining and second guessing of Apple. They make an amazing product, and do an amazing job of updating frequently to fix known issues. If you think you can do something better, then go ahead and do it. Or use another product. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 46
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    M68000 said:
    Agatto said:
    Not to trash Apple at all, but I wish Apple
    would either wait a bit longer to release a major iOS upgrade or at least raise the bar with the quality of products and services. 
    Yeah,  I hear you.  The interesting question is if the new iPhone 11 series MUST have iOS 13.  If not, it would not have to be rushed out which is apparently what happened with this new iOS.  I could be wrong but feel that Apple is a victim of it’s own success and new phones are expected like clockwork every year on a schedule.  A schedule that has to do with making Wall Street happy first.  Now we have what we have.
    Apple couldn’t care less about pleasing Wall Street. Don’t be a drama queen. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 46
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member

TomE said:
    If you are in the negative camp, then just don't update.

I'm that guy. I just don't update my iPhone. They fix bugs and we get new bugs. Seems rather pointless.

Yes software has bugs. Welcome to reality. 
    chiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 46
    What, no iOS 13.1.1 Supplemental Update 1?
  • Reply 37 of 46
    rll69rll69 Posts: 1member
    Hey Timmy. Put your beer down and get back to work...we’re all getting really sick of your crappy updates.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    flydog said:
    M68000 said:
    Agatto said:
    Not to trash Apple at all, but I wish Apple
    would either wait a bit longer to release a major iOS upgrade or at least raise the bar with the quality of products and services. 
    Yeah,  I hear you.  The interesting question is if the new iPhone 11 series MUST have iOS 13.  If not, it would not have to be rushed out which is apparently what happened with this new iOS.  I could be wrong but feel that Apple is a victim of it’s own success and new phones are expected like clockwork every year on a schedule.  A schedule that has to do with making Wall Street happy first.  Now we have what we have.
    Apple couldn’t care less about pleasing Wall Street. Don’t be a drama queen. 
    Ha ha - right.  They are a publicly traded company.  Their first responsibility is to their shareholders. 
    razorpitchemengin1SpamSandwichdysamoria
  • Reply 39 of 46
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Hard to remember the details now but wasn’t iOS 12 supposed to be a cleanup for iOS 11? All the big changes were going to be pushed back to 13? If that’s so then they made the right call back then.

Wish they would have been a little more conservative on 13. Seems like they overextended themselves on this one. The constant updates don’t bother me, however I hear it all the time from “normal” users. People like to complain and Apple is giving them a lot of ammo right now.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    The problem isn’t the bugs, the problem is the regressions. Apple has a terrible software development process that constantly results in new releases breaking features that have worked for years.

Any serious software development effort should have as a minimum at not breaking features that aren’t changed, and ideally not breaking things that used to work (e.g. flashlight) even if they have been changed (in this case, to add long press support). Any proper software development would ensure that feature replacement or addition (e.g. adding long touch as an alternative to 3D Touch) would be done in such a way that all clients of the code need no changes to work properly. Apple seems unable to make changes or add features without breaking existing working code, and that is something they should have worked past by now.
    philboogiedysamoria