Dark Mode for Site on macOS?

Posted:
in Feedback
Hey guys,

I've noticed another Mac-centric site had rolled out a dark theme for Safari for their site, and was wondering / hoping y'all had plans to do the same.  Thanks for all you do to keep us in the loop on all things Apple!

Cheers,
Wreighven
braytonak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I'd also have the same question about the iOS style sheet as well.  Thanks again!
    braytonak
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    wreighven said:
    I'd also have the same question about the iOS style sheet as well.  Thanks again!
    Shortly. Standby. 

Probably not in the forums.
    wreighven
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    Forums should now be dark mode friendly 👍
    braytonak
  • Reply 4 of 10
    jSnively said:
    Forums should now be dark mode friendly 👍
    Much appreciated, thanks. 

And while waiting for the actual webpage to offer dark mode, here’s my workaround: set webpage settings to “use reader automatically”. Doesn’t fix the main page, but any article should now be displayed in white on black when dark.  
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Dark Mode for the iOS app would be nice too.  Read a lot in the dark so not staring at a white screen would be a great change.

wonkothesane
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    brudin said:
    Dark Mode for the iOS app would be nice too.  Read a lot in the dark so not staring at a white screen would be a great change.

This is inches away.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    wonkothesanewonkothesane Posts: 1,723member
    brudin said:

This is inches away.
    How many inches left? Still waiting here.... or did I miss some setting?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I’ve been wondering about this for the main website, too. I just noticed today that I can skip the article, tap Comments, and then have the article presented in the forum, which is friendly on the retinas.  :)
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    braytonak said:
    I’ve been wondering about this for the main website, too. I just noticed today that I can skip the article, tap Comments, and then have the article presented in the forum, which is friendly on the retinas.  :)
    Very soon :smile: 
  • Reply 10 of 10
    How do I turn off dark mode on this website?  I use dark mode on my Mac but prefer websites to show normally.