Apple releases new teaser trailer for Apple TV+ show 'Servant'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited October 2019
Apple on Thursday released a third teaser trailer for the upcoming Apple TV+ original miniseries "Servant," an M. Night Shyamalan-produced thriller set to debut in late November.

Servant

Like two trailers released in late September, today's "Solitude" teaser is heavy on atmosphere and light on detail.

The 38-second clip reveals a closer look at an eerily lifelike baby doll named "Jericho," who was introduced to audiences in a commercial last month. Today's teaser shows a closeup of a woman's hands lovingly caress the doll as she changes its diaper. A track of discordant strings adds tension to the seemingly innocuous scene.

Not much is known about "Servant" aside from what little is offered by Apple in a blurb accompanying each ad.

"From M. Night Shyamalan, Servant follows a Philadelphia couple in mourning after an unspeakable tragedy creates a rift in their marriage and opens the door for a mysterious force to enter their home," the text reads.

In Apple's description, and each commercial, is the tagline, "What do you believe?"

"Servant," a ten-part miniseries written by Tony Basgallop and produced by Shyamalan, will start streaming on Apple TV+ on Nov. 28.

Announced at a special event in March, the Apple TV+ subscription streaming video service debuts on Nov. 1 for $4.99 a month. Apple is offering a year of free service to customers who purchase eligible devices like iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac and iPod.

At launch, Apple TV+ will field only a handful of titles including Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston series "The Morning Show," Hailee Steinfeld comedy "Dickinson" and Jason Momoa vehicle "See." Also set to premiere on Nov. 1 are "For All Mankind," "Elephant Queen," "Helpsters," "Snoopy in Space," "Ghostwriter" and a project backed by Oprah Winfrey.
edred15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Can Apple stop trying to be Disney!?? Sheeesh!!!

/s
    lolliveredred
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Not written by Shyamalan, so it’s got that going for it. 
    StrangeDaysedred
  • Reply 3 of 8
    pembrokepembroke Posts: 230member
    The number of people interested in Apple’s TV+ content in my circle of connections (and I’m exceedingly popular*), as far as I know, is zero. 

*  ;-)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I look at Apple+ as an incentive by Apple to remain in their ecosystem and buy new Apple products each year.

If you can stack free years of service for every device that qualifies, I'll never have to pay for the service as long as Apple continues this promotion. As a family of four, with 4 iPhones, 1 iPad, 2 iMacs, 2 MacBook Pros and 1 Apple TV, I'll always be upgrading at least one product per year.

And I'm not going to complain about free. So far, only "For All Mankind" has my interest, but I'll give several others a shot to see if they're worth watching.
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 5 of 8
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,570member
    The baby in the video never moves a muscle. Its eyes don't move. Its fingers don't move. It's lips don't move. How did they train that baby to be so immobile? This baby needs to win an Oscar for that performance alone! Hopefully Apple didn't aid this baby's performance through some drug that immobilizes the human body. 

https://www.verywellhealth.com/paralytic-drugs-explained-3157132

Funny how we can refer to babies as "it," and it's still respectful. Perhaps that's the solution to the whole gender pronoun debate. No "he," or "she," just "it." As for this baby, "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." Very respectful.

edited October 2019
  • Reply 6 of 8
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    I look at Apple+ as an incentive by Apple to remain in their ecosystem and buy new Apple products each year.

If you can stack free years of service for every device that qualifies, I'll never have to pay for the service as long as Apple continues this promotion. As a family of four, with 4 iPhones, 1 iPad, 2 iMacs, 2 MacBook Pros and 1 Apple TV, I'll always be upgrading at least one product per year.

And I'm not going to complain about free. So far, only "For All Mankind" has my interest, but I'll give several others a shot to see if they're worth watching.

Bad news. Only one year per family. I wish you were right though.

Maybe you should redeem your year later to get more content as it's released.

The baby in the video never moves a muscle. Its eyes don't move. Its fingers don't move. It's lips don't move. How did they train that baby to be so immobile? This baby needs to win an Oscar for that performance alone! Hopefully Apple didn't aid this baby's performance through some drug that immobilizes the human body. 

Funny how we can refer to babies as "it," and it's still respectful. Perhaps that's the solution to the whole gender pronoun debate. No "he," or "she," just "it." As for this baby, "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." Very respectful.

I'm sure Apple drugged that baby up for this trailer..... I'm gonna sue.......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 7 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member

What the hell are you rambling about? Drugged babies? 

Despite your gender pronoun trolling, it seems they’re referring to “it” as a doll. Which is weird because it’s not meant to be a doll.

“The plot is said to depict the ordeal of parents Dorothy and Sean Turner, who have hired young nanny Leanne to help care for their newborn. Of course, in prospective Shyamalan-esque fashion, a major twist will apparently occur.“

And the correct answer is to use “they”/“them” if you’re unsure about someone’s preferred gender pronoun. It’s not a debate. 
  • Reply 8 of 8

It will be this year only. After the free period ends in a year Apple would have more programs in TV+ and would be more confident to charge us. I hope you’re right though. 
    15ngcs1