Apple releases iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, watchOS 6.0.1 updates

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Weird. Yesterday I updated to get Mickey to talk. Even rebooted after the update (yeah, I know it reboots for you), but Mickey still would not talk. Today, just causally I tap on my watch and he spoke!!! Did nothing......weird....... 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Weird. Yesterday I updated to get Mickey to talk. Even rebooted after the update (yeah, I know it reboots for you), but Mickey still would not talk. Today, just causally I tap on my watch and he spoke!!! Did nothing......weird....... 
    Personally I would rather have Scrooge McDuck or Donald Duck say the time. Ha ha One Scottish accent and the other gibberish. But I can live with Mickey & Minnie Mouse :-)

watto_cobraMustSeeUHDTV
  • Reply 43 of 46
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,008member
    As referenced in an earlier thread, this may be fallout from the tariff threats coming from the White House. Apple may have had to lock down a not-quite-finished 13.0 early in order to load it on the new phones and get them shipped before the tariffs that were threatened to kick in at the end of September. This birthed 13.1 that came out within a week, which in normal circumstances would probably have been the properly finished 13.0. Add the ripple effects of breaking the process open like that, and you get 13.1.1 and 13.1.2 rapidly afterwards. 

Trade policy by fiat and issued by tweet is not good for business. 
    watto_cobrambenz1962
  • Reply 44 of 46
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    AppleZulu said:
    As referenced in an earlier thread, this may be fallout from the tariff threats coming from the White House. Apple may have had to lock down a not-quite-finished 13.0 early in order to load it on the new phones and get them shipped before the tariffs that were threatened to kick in at the end of September. This birthed 13.1 that came out within a week, which in normal circumstances would probably have been the properly finished 13.0. Add the ripple effects of breaking the process open like that, and you get 13.1.1 and 13.1.2 rapidly afterwards. 

Trade policy by fiat and issued by tweet is not good for business. 
    Who knows?   But I would argue that they may have run out time because of dealing with the new phones, complexity of the new iOS AND trying to meet the early September presentation.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 46
    I noticed this on 13.0 and up. The Compass App is not in the Watch App Dock section. I noticed that because I could dock on the watch, but could not rearrange them in the app because it is not there.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    I see there is still the usual contingent of people who firmly believe in the computer industry meme “everything has bugs” and that bugs are just a normal state of existence for this industry...