Apple releases second betas of iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, tvOS 13.2, third watchOS 6.1 build

Posted:
in iOS edited October 2019
Apple is now on its second set for this round of betas, with new second builds of iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2 available for testing by developers along with the second tvOS 13.2 beta and watchOS 6.1's third beta.

The latest builds can be downloaded by developers in the beta-testing scheme via the Apple Developer Center, or as an over-the-air update for hardware already using earlier beta builds. A public beta version of the releases is expected to start arriving soon, and will be available through the Apple Beta Software Program website.

The first set of betas for iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2 were issued on October 2, at the same time as the first tvOS 13.2 beta and the second watchOS 6.1 beta. After the frantic pace of betas for the milestone versions, Apple is expected to take things slower once more, until the updates are close to being released.

In the first iOS 13.2 beta, Apple added Deep Fusion, the comapany's computational photography feature that takes and compiles multiple shots into one high-detail image. Apple also updated the Settings app to include a Research category within Privacy, a contextual menu for the TV app when using 3D Touch or Haptic Touch, volume slider changes in Control Center, Announce Messages with Siri, and alterations to Apple Music and HomeKit.

New resources in the beta also pointed to a new set of noise-cancelling AirPods with an updated design. Lastly, iPadOS 13.2 pulls the Home Screen and Dock settings into their own category rather than residing under Display and Brightness in the Settings app, while the Slide Over app switcher can also close windows just like the full-screen apps.

An early discover in the second beta is the inclusion of new emoji. Revealed in July, the new emoji will arrive as part of iOS and iPadOS' support for Unicode 12.0, with highlight symbols including people holding hands, with users able to select any combination of gender and skin color, as well as more for the disabled, such as a guide dog and prosthetic limbs.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Update: Public betas are now available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Any news on when running Shortcuts from Apple Watch will be available again?
    agilealtitude
  • Reply 2 of 16
    iPad OS was such a disappointment.

Still can’t stop those @#$& auto play videos in Safari.

Desktop browser my ass...
    MisterKit
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Hopefully they also fix the IpadOS bugs with Itunes Music, playlist stops playing, music is interrupted etc. still some work on the shelf😉
    OnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 4 of 16
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member

Report it to Apple. 
  • Reply 5 of 16
    LaraCroft836LaraCroft836 Posts: 8unconfirmed, member
    JinTech said:

Report it to Apple. 

• Reply 6 of 16
    LaraCroft836LaraCroft836 Posts: 8unconfirmed, member
    terrific
  • Reply 7 of 16
    JinTech said:

Report it to Apple. 
    Been complaining to Apple almost since IPad was first released along with tons of others.  iOS 13 was supposed to have the ability to disable it.  In this case “the fix is in”.  In other words, Google is paying off Apple.

“Google's search engine dominance can seem invincible, but that doesn't mean the search giant isn't willing to pay billions to ensure it stays that way. Google will reportedly pay Apple $9 billion in 2018 and $12 billion in 2019 to remain as Safari's default search engine, according to Business Insider.Sep 29, 2018”
  • Reply 8 of 16
    mobirdmobird Posts: 752member
    JinTech said:
    Google will reportedly pay Apple $9 billion in 2018 and $12 billion in 2019 to remain as Safari's default search engine, according to Business Insider.Sep 29, 2018”
    I wonder what amount Duckduckgo.com could realistically pay Apple? I'm sure it would not be anywhere close but Duckduckgo.com is much more aligned with Apple's principles as it relates to privacy. Maybe Apple should take the hit from a lesser revenue stream for the opportunity or purchase Duckduckgo.com. and put their money where their mouth is.
    edited October 2019 seanismorris
  • Reply 9 of 16
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I don’t get this argument. If it’s about auto play videos, yup, it’s annoying, but not that annoying.

if it’s about Google being the default search engine, why not choose another in safari? I’ve done that at times.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    melgross said:
    I don’t get this argument. If it’s about auto play videos, yup, it’s annoying, but not that annoying.

if it’s about Google being the default search engine, why not choose another in safari? I’ve done that at times.
    When videos auto play it’s incredibly annoying.  First off, you try to stop them from playing... You have to wait for them to load. Then, you have try to get the pause button to appear.  Frequently that results in you getting redirected to some other site.  Then, you backtrack and try all over again.

OK, you managed to pause the video...  Oh @#$& they’ve placed other videos within the text you’re trying to read.  They start playing...  Safari automatically centers on the playing video, jerking you all over the page.

If you give up and let videos play 90% of the time they’re not even related to what you’re trying to read.

Not that big a deal?  It’s enough to get me seriously considering Android.  
  • Reply 11 of 16
    I hope iPadOS 14 will finally be an operating system that allows me to be productive. Closer to a laptop experience when equipped with a mouse and keyboard. Right now the window management, mouse support and speed and flexibility of moving content between apps is horrible on iPadOS. Microsoft’s approach makes much more sense to me (but I’m not bought into their ecosystem)
  • Reply 12 of 16
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Fixed a nasty bug where deleted emails or emails moved to another folder in my Exchange account wasn’t propagating back to the server. Only problem was after the updated the emails reappeared in my inbox and I couldn’t do anything with them. I had to remove the Exchange account and re-add it.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    melgross said:
    I don’t get this argument.
    Clearly.

melgross said:
     but not that annoying.

That's 10lbs of bullshit in a 5lb bag. I say it is that annoying as it annoys me that much. I don't need to hear any video until I want to hear it. This is especially annoying when on web site that did plays an auto-play popup video on a page were you weren't expect any sound in the first place. 

Maybe you have the device volume up to listen to something earlier, and now later, music or some ad starts blaring and people start giving you the 'Dude, what the fuck!' look.

Yeah, like somebody else knows what does and doesn't annoy me. The fucking arrogance of those presumptions.
    razorpit
  • Reply 14 of 16
    macgui said:
    melgross said:
    I don’t get this argument.
    Clearly.

melgross said:
     but not that annoying.

That's 10lbs of bullshit in a 5lb bag. I say it is that annoying as it annoys me that much. I don't need to hear any video until I want to hear it. This is especially annoying when on web site that did plays an auto-play popup video on a page were you weren't expect any sound in the first place. 

Maybe you have the device volume up to listen to something earlier, and now later, music or some ad starts blaring and people start giving you the 'Dude, what the fuck!' look.

Yeah, like somebody else knows what does and doesn't annoy me. The fucking arrogance of those presumptions.
    No I don’t get it, because you’re talking about sound. Auto play videos have not had sound on my devices since iOS 11, I believe. I just ignore the video. Not really a problem. Annoying, yes, but not very. If you’re getting audio, that’s a different, and worse problem. But I don’t know why you are, as I haven’t for a long while. There was a button to turn sound off for auto play video, though I don’t see it now. I assumed Apple removed it because they decided to always have it off unless you turned it on manually, within the video.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you’re having a problem with sound, since I’m not. Yes, that’s much more annoying. I wonder why you’re having that happen though.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    TStreetzTStreetz Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Look im literally 22 years old and every single word that’s being said about this “IOS Failure And Beta Crap” i don’t understand a single thing anybody is talking about right now! Im just being honest. BUT! I do know this is 100% a big screw up for apple. I mean obviously, its not us, Apples loyal customers, that  they messing everyones phones up bc they want to release new IPhone’s everyday 3 months instead of putting their full undivided attention into one thing at a time. 💯 But look guys I just have 1 question and 1 question only. Somebody answer my question please so i can get out yalls way. Okay, so this is where im at with this.......
    Im currently a owner of an IPhone 6S. Im already updated to IOS 13.1.2. My main concern as of right now, is I keep seeing, as well as hearing through social media and all my friends that have Apple Products that soon apple will kick IPhone 6S out the game and basicay make them Non-compatible and completely useless towards every future IOS Update. Also everybody who owns and/or uses a IPhone 6S can basically throw their phone in the trash bc itll never work like it’s supposed too again. Look I could almost really care less bc at the end of the day i refuse to ever buy Androids. Thats just me tho. I most likely just buy a newer Generation IPhone if that is Apples intentions. but can anyone on here possibly give me an estimated date that iPhone 6S will no longer be able to Update. Just so i can have an idea of where i stand and what upcoming tribulations i should expect. Because from what im seeing, Apple doesn’t inform us or keep us posted on things like this. i mean c’mon man this is retarded dude! They keep this up and im going to buy Apple a Helmet and a bunch of Blue and Yellow Crayons to eat bc thats how careless and pure retarded this situation is. Get yourselves together with this iOS crap. Stay on point and most of all stay focused. As we can see yall are like triple minded Employees right now. That makes you unstable in all your ways. Including the your jobs as u can see.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    TStreetz said:
    Look im literally 22 years old and every single word that’s being said about this “IOS Failure And Beta Crap” i don’t understand a single thing anybody is talking about right now! Im just being honest. BUT! I do know this is 100% a big screw up for apple. I mean obviously, its not us, Apples loyal customers, that  they messing everyones phones up bc they want to release new IPhone’s everyday 3 months instead of putting their full undivided attention into one thing at a time. 💯 But look guys I just have 1 question and 1 question only. Somebody answer my question please so i can get out yalls way. Okay, so this is where im at with this.......
    Im currently a owner of an IPhone 6S. Im already updated to IOS 13.1.2. My main concern as of right now, is I keep seeing, as well as hearing through social media and all my friends that have Apple Products that soon apple will kick IPhone 6S out the game and basicay make them Non-compatible and completely useless towards every future IOS Update. Also everybody who owns and/or uses a IPhone 6S can basically throw their phone in the trash bc itll never work like it’s supposed too again. Look I could almost really care less bc at the end of the day i refuse to ever buy Androids. Thats just me tho. I most likely just buy a newer Generation IPhone if that is Apples intentions. but can anyone on here possibly give me an estimated date that iPhone 6S will no longer be able to Update. Just so i can have an idea of where i stand and what upcoming tribulations i should expect. Because from what im seeing, Apple doesn’t inform us or keep us posted on things like this. i mean c’mon man this is retarded dude! They keep this up and im going to buy Apple a Helmet and a bunch of Blue and Yellow Crayons to eat bc thats how careless and pure retarded this situation is. Get yourselves together with this iOS crap. Stay on point and most of all stay focused. As we can see yall are like triple minded Employees right now. That makes you unstable in all your ways. Including the your jobs as u can see.
    Apple supports its phones with 5 years of OS updates. Compare that with no updates, to at most, for Google’s win phones, 3 years. Most others are between 6 months and 2 years.

so if your phone is 5 years old, you are on the last update. Most likely, next year, you will be out of luck, assuming you really need the latest update, which many people don’t, at least not for one year. A phone that is not upgraded is far from useless, ask any android owner whose phone has never been upgraded.

apple is discontinuing devices with less than 2GB of RAM this year. The 6S was the first iPhone with 2GB RAM.

your post seems a bit hysterical.