Apple releases first developer beta of macOS 10.15.1

Posted:
in macOS edited February 2020
Following the release of macOS Catalina on Monday, Apple has restarted its beta process once more for the operating system, providing participants of its developer beta program access to the first build of macOS 10.15.1.

Sidecar in macOS Catalina

The latest builds can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center for participants in the Developer Beta program, as well as via an over-the-air update for hardware already used for beta software. Public beta versions of the developer builds are usually issued within a few days of their counterparts and can be acquired from the Apple Beta Software Program site.

The incremental update is unlikely to have as many features as the recently-released macOS Catalina, but should contain a collection of performance improvements and bug fixes for the operating system.

Both AppleInsider and Apple strongly suggest users avoid installing betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, due to the potential for data loss or other issues. Instead, the recommendation is to install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to ensure there are sufficient backups of important data before making any major changes.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Mac OS Catalina or Horta from Star Trek?

• Reply 2 of 7
    Mac OS Catalina or Horta from Star Trek?

Heh. First thing I say when I boot a new OS for the first time?

" NO
     KILL
        I"
    bobcubsfanmacseeker
  • Reply 3 of 7
    "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer," said Bones.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    The Horta fell in love with Spock.  It loved the ears.
  • Reply 5 of 7

Speaking about the Sidecar feature in Catalina, did they get rid of the requirement of the Apple ID to have 2FA enabled in the 10.15.1 beta?  I hate it.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    hope searching in app Mail will work again
  • Reply 7 of 7
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    badie said:
    hope searching in app Mail will work again
    Searching in Mail works for me. You probably need to force Spotlight to reindex your mail store.