NBA stars tout Powerbeats Pro in new ad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
A new Powerbeats Pro ad titled "NBA Unleashed" has gone up on the official Beats by Dre YouTube channel and features some notable NBA players.

Featured in the ad are Houston Rockets' James Harden, Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green, LA Lakers' Anthony Davis, and Boston Celtics' Jayson Tatum. The ad shows the athletes as they practice on the court and is set to Travis Scott's song, "Highest in the Room."

Each athlete wears a Powerbeats Pro in one of the four colors the device comes in -- black, Ivory, Moss, and navy.

Apple has used athletes to advertise the wireless headphones before. The original "Unleashed" ad focused on athletes such as Serena Williams, Lebron James, and Shaun White. Another ad, "Zero Dark Project," followed seven runners from the Paris Running Club as they attempted to chase the sun across Iceland.

Launched on April 3, the Powerbeats Pro are $249 wireless earphones marketed under the Beats brand that offer practically everything that Apple's AirPods provide, but in a more fitness-friendly packaging.

The Powerbeats Pro feature the same H1 chip used in AirPods, boast about nine hours of battery life, and support 'Hey Siri' voice prompts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    The Powerbeats Pro are actually on sale right now for $199 at the Apple Store. I don’t know how long it will last, but I received a notification the other day from Apple that said “for a limited time”. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 19
    Are they China approved?  :#
    CloudTalkinmacseekerApple Wokesteranantksundaramrazorpit
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Powerbeats being endorsed by the NBA is like having basketball shoes endorsed by the AES.  (Audio Engineering Society)
    edited October 2019 anantksundaramrazorpit
  • Reply 4 of 19
    The crappiest pair of earbuds/headphones I’ve ever used. Lousy sound quality, glitchy set up, loud for the people around you at a normal volume level (you might get kicked out of a plane if you listened at normal volume levels), cheap build quality, poor fit. I returned it the next day for a full refund. 

Apple should not have released this POS product. Certainly not at the price they did. It’s an embarrassment. 
    edited October 2019 baconstang
  • Reply 5 of 19
    The crappiest pair of earbuds/headphones I’ve ever used. Lousy sound quality, glitchy set up, loud for the people around you at a normal volume level (you might get kicked out of a plane if you listened at normal volume levels), cheap build quality, poor fit. I returned it the next day for a full refund. 

Apple should not have released this POS product. Certainly not at the price they did. It’s an embarrassment. 
    From reviews, new PowerBeat actually sounds better than the previous versions but having it promoted by NBA stars is such a turned off considering the capitulation they did recently to China.
    svanstrombaconstangrazorpit
  • Reply 6 of 19

Sure sure you have returned it...and my name is Elvis Presley....
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 19
    matrix077 said:

From reviews, new PowerBeat actually sounds better than the previous versions but having it promoted by NBA stars is such a turned off considering the capitulation they did recently to China.
    Then you're probably turned off by a lot of companies because pretty much any company with a financial interest in China has either capitulated, stuck their heads in sand, or instructed personnel to say nothing.  
  • Reply 8 of 19
    matrix077 said:

Then you're probably turned off by a lot of companies because pretty much any company with a financial interest in China has either capitulated, stuck their heads in sand, or instructed personnel to say nothing.  
    ....including, occasionally, Apple. 
  • Reply 9 of 19

Kuyangkoh said:

Sure sure you have returned it...and my name is Elvis Presley....
    Ah, you got me there, Elvis. I lovingly gaze at, and fondle it every chance I get, throughout the day. Non-stop. 
  • Reply 10 of 19
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member

Terrible video. This is not up to the usual Apple standards.

• Reply 11 of 19
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    matrix077 said:

I'll be darned!   I guess I haven't been keeping up.   I had no idea that we were in a cold war with China....  You right wingers have to let people outside of your own little circle know about these things!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 19
    matrix077 said:

As is appropriate for any business.  Rule #1 is stick to your business and stay out of politics.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 19
    matrix077 said:

I'll be darned!   I guess I haven't been keeping up.   I had no idea that we were in a cold war with China....  You right wingers have to let people outside of your own little circle know about these things!
    I can assure you I am neither a right wing, nor a left wing. I don’t see the world through political glasses. I see it for what it is. 
    edited October 2019 razorpit
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Powerbeats being endorsed by the NBA is like having basketball shoes endorsed by the AES.  (Audio Engineering Society)
    Powerbeats are being specifically marketed to people who want to use them during workouts/strenuous physical activity. NBA works for that. They also have Powerbeats ads featuring athletes from a wide variety of other sports, like Simone Biles from gymnastics. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 19
    matrix077 said:
    matrix077 said:

I can assure you I am neither a right wing, nor a left wing. I don’t see the world through political glasses. I see it for what it is. 
    Then why why did you suggest that the NBA should capitulate to Trump and the cold war he & his hardliners are fostering with China? 
    ... Sorry, but like it or not, see it or not, once you pick sides in that little fiasco, you are political.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    foljsfoljs Posts: 390member

Don't feed the troll.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 19
    foljs said:

Don't feed the troll.
    At nearly 20,000 posts I suspect he is more of an unhappy customer who had to return a product he was not satisfied with than a troll.  But, his post did sound like something a troll would post.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 19
    matrix077 said:
    matrix077 said:

Then why why did you suggest that the NBA should capitulate to Trump and the cold war he & his hardliners are fostering with China? 
    ... Sorry, but like it or not, see it or not, once you pick sides in that little fiasco, you are political.
    WTH Trump has anything to do with this? 
  • Reply 19 of 19
    matrix077 said:
    matrix077 said:
    matrix077 said:

WTH Trump has anything to do with this? 
    He's the one trying to create a cold war with China