Disney posts three-hour trailer for Disney+ with 'basically everything' coming

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2019
In order to build hype for their new streaming service, Disney+, Disney has uploaded a three-hour long trailer to YouTube highlighting most of the titles that will be available to watch at launch.

Disney+

A three hour long trailer may seem excessive, but it serves as a chronological and comprehensive guide to "basically everything" that will be on offer when Disney+ launches on November 12.

The Disney+ Twitter account has also posted a comprehensive list in a Twitter thread for anyone who would rather skip watching a three hour long video.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) pic.twitter.com/fweRBOMrOk

-- Disney+ (@disneyplus)

The streaming service will incorporate Disney's entire movie library, including classic films that are often out of circulation.

Notable Titles include

• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
  • Fantasia (1940)
  • Treasure Island (1950)
  • Old Yeller (1957)
  • 101 Dalmations (1961)
  • Mary Poppins (1964)
  • The Jungle Book (1967)
  • Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
  • The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
  • Tron (1982)
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
  • The Simpsons (1989)
  • The Sandlot (1993)
  • Boy Meets World (1993)
  • Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
  • Even Stevens (2000)
  • Waking Sleeping Beauty (2010)
  • The Mandalorian (2019)
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum (2019)
When the service arrives, users will be able to browse content by production house and franchise, such as Disney, Pixar, Marvel Universe, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Users will be able to access the service from web browsers and through mobile device apps. Disney+ will cost $6.99 per month, or $69.99 per year, making it slightly more expensive to fledgling streaming service Apple TV+, which will cost $4.99 a month.

Apple TV+ debuts on November 1 with a host of original content from acclaimed Hollywood directors, producers and actors. Projects will include A-list partners like Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell, Jason Momoa and more, who presented a look at their forthcoming projects.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    This is one of those times when I wish YouTube only counted a view for a video that has been watched in its entirety.
    fruitstandninja
  • Reply 2 of 12
    There was a preorder package for three years that my wife and I bought. It was a good deal. We will also do Apple TV + and get Netflix free through T-Mobile and amazon prime video since it comes with prime. I think that is all we need. 
  • Reply 3 of 12
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    Pass on both.

Not a Disney fan and do not do comic books or comic book movies.
    The Apple offering does not look worth paying for- a lot of retreaded or derivative stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    Who has time to watch a three-hour trailer?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Downloading trailer right now.  It's 4GB 
  • Reply 6 of 12
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    The concept of a trailer is at odds with a three-hour duration!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    swat671swat671 Posts: 150member
    3 hours is a movie, not a trailer. 
  • Reply 8 of 12
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    It's too long and I will pass. The only one I am excited with is AppleTV+, $4.99 is a no brainer. There is a new website for AppleTV+ which looks interesting.
    davgreg said:
    Pass on both.

The Apple offering does not look worth paying for- a lot of retreaded or derivative stuff.

You can just leave it as "not interesting" but instead have to add degrading remarks for something that you haven't even watched yet. Typical.
    lolliver
  • Reply 9 of 12
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    kevin kee said:
    It's too long and I will pass. The only one I am excited with is AppleTV+, $4.99 is a no brainer. There is a new website for AppleTV+ which looks interesting.
    davgreg said:
    Pass on both.

You can just leave it as "not interesting" but instead have to add degrading remarks for something that you haven't even watched yet. Typical.
    It’s the same as you being “excited” for something you haven’t watched and could potentially be garbage. 
    chemengin1
  • Reply 10 of 12
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    kevin kee said:
    davgreg said:
    Pass on both.

It’s the same as you being “excited” for something you haven’t watched and could potentially be garbage. 
    Nah, it's totally different. I describe "how I felt" about something that could potentially be either way (eg. I feel excited about…, that's real feeling) while he already judged something that is not even out yet (eg. retarded stuff, how did he know it's retarded?).
  • Reply 11 of 12
    larryjw said:
    Who has time to watch a three-hour trailer?
    swat671 said:
    3 hours is a movie, not a trailer. 

How about a 7 hour trailer for a 30 day movie?

edited October 2019