Apple's Beats debuts $299 Solo Pro noise cancellation headset with H1 chip

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Soli said:
    Soli said:
    Seriously. No way to connect to entertainment on an airplane? You need a cable to connect. Huge omission, Apple.
    1) If your focus is on airplane seat WITH included jacks then why are you looking at wireless headphones?

2) I don't recall the last time I was on a commercial jet that didn't have you connect via your personal device to on-board WiFi for entertainment.
    When planes have entertainment built into the seat back, the only way to connect is with a wire. Some airlines have that, some expect you do you use your own device with bluetooth and wi-fi. Many ANC headphones are both wireless and still have a 3.5mm port. Sometimes a 2.5mm with a 3.5mm on the other end.
    1) No it's not. This isn't a binary system. I've been on countless planes from many airlines who had seat-back entertainment systems -and- on-board WiFi that connects to their on-board entertainment system.

2) Then bring a pair of wired headphones or rent a pair from the flight attendant, but to make a comment that demands that all headphones be wired because of the off chance you're on a plane that doesn't have on-board entertainment accessible from your personal device is ridiculous.
    Didn't your mother teach you any manners? Don't say my comments, or anyone else's are ridiculous. Also, you state that headphones can connect with wi-fi. Headphones connect with bluetooth, don't they?
    Haven’t you heard? Being rude and obnoxious is the new norm. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Hmmmmm. Forgot about that.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    EthanwEthanw Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Hmm have you flown international lately?

In the last year I flew United to Mumbai  and also Lufthansa to Amsterdam.

throw in El Al to Tel Aviv.

American to New Orleans and Chicago 

BOTH united and Lufthansa long haul aircraft had seat back entertainment maybe because streaming on your personal device for 8 and 15 hours is not possible for many people.

yes I I used the free headphone for the 15 hour flight and was so miserable. Considering I had AirPods and jabra elite active 65 and couldn’t use them.

So yes I do no w have a pair of studio 3 because I can use a cord or wireless and they do a decent job of blocking out other noises.

Do I wish my BeatsX had a wired option sure.

I also think if the solo pro had the option. I’d prefer to get those so I can have just one cable for charging phone and headphones

I hate carrying so many cables.  As it stands I carry two of each just in case one fails. I also carry my Airpods, studio 3, BeatsX and one upgraded set of wired headphones.

Nothing worse than having an issue and using cheap headphones for 15 hours straight.
    Soli said:
    Seriously. No way to connect to entertainment on an airplane? You need a cable to connect. Huge omission, Apple.
    1) If your focus is on airplane seat WITH included jacks then why are you looking at wireless headphones?

2) I don't recall the last time I was on a commercial jet that didn't have you connect via your personal device to on-board WiFi for entertainment.