Apple TV+ 'See' with Alfre Woodard, Jason Momoa premieres in California

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2019
Apple TV+ series 'See' has been screened at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood, California, in an event attended by creator Steven Knight and stars Alfre Woodard and Jason Momoa.

Alfre Woodard, Jason Momoa and Nesta Cooper at the
Alfre Woodard, Jason Momoa and Nesta Cooper at the "See" premiere

Ahead of its debut on Apple TV+ on November 1, new Apple drama "See" has been screened at a special event in California. Shown at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood, the screening was attended by cast and crew.

Apple has released a series of publicity shots from the premiere, featuring cast including Alfre Woodard and Jason Momoa, plus executive producers including series creator and writer Steven Knight.

Momoa previously said that it was Knight's script that got him to sign up for the series.

"My agent said he was going to fight for me to get the role and I needed to read the script right away," Momoa told Emmy Magazine. "I was so blown away by the first three pages, I read them out loud to my two best friends, who were with me. It's the first time I've ever done that with a script. I was like, 'Get me that meeting! Get me that role!'"

The "See" premiere is part of a series of promotions for the series and for the Apple TV+ service.

The first three episodes of "See" will be among the shows available at the launch of Apple TV+ on November 1. Apple now says that the rest of the series will follow weekly on Fridays.

• Alfre Woodard at the
  • Hera Hilmer at the
  • Jason Momoa at the
  • Marilee Talkington at the
  • Nesta Cooper at the
  • Producers including (second from right) creator/writer Steven Knight, at the
  • Sylvia Hoeks at the
  • The cast of
  • Yadira Guevara-Prip at the

15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,278member
    This has “flop” written all over it.

I’m more optimistic about the Steve Carrel show though 
  • Reply 2 of 12
    blastdoor said:

Disagree. I think it looks interesting. And the “Steve Carrel” show is headlined by Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston 
    bshanklolliver15ngcs1
  • Reply 3 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I’m anxiously waiting for the announced Issac Asimov “Foundation” series to materialize. 
    Wgkrueger
  • Reply 4 of 12
    lkrupp said:
    I’m anxiously waiting for the announced Issac Asimov “Foundation” series to materialize. 
    I second that!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    kuraikurai Posts: 16unconfirmed, member
    What is that on Jason's shirt in his solo photo? It sorta looks like maybe he is bleeding?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    kurai said:
    What is that on Jason's shirt in his solo photo? It sorta looks like maybe he is bleeding?
    Looks like designer holes
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 7 of 12
    This is one of the shows I'm probably most interested in watching alongside For All Mankind. Morning Show I'll watch but I can't see it being too exciting. Also the 90s kid in me is really interested in the Ghostwriter reboot. But that could suck for all we know.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Still like Jason Momoa. He must’ve gotten a huge check for this series.
    15ngcs1watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    blastdoor said:

We know next to nothing of the plot lines, so not sure how you can say that at this stage. 

Wait and See.
    lolliver15ngcs1watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 12
    blastdoor said:

Bullshit. Steven Knight most recently wrote and produced Peaky Blinders and Taboo, both outstanding series. You'd be a fool to dismiss this show offhand, having seen basically nothing of it so far.
    15ngcs1watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Wgkrueger said:
    lkrupp said:
    I second that!
    Apparently Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies, The Hobbit Trilogy and the underrated The Fall) and Jared Harris (Mad Men and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) have been signed on for lead roles in the "Foundation" series. So looks like it is moving forward.
    15ngcs1watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 12
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Wgkrueger said:
    lkrupp said:
    I second that!
    Apparently Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies, The Hobbit Trilogy and the underrated The Fall) and Jared Harris (Mad Men and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) have been signed on for lead roles in the "Foundation" series. So looks like it is moving forward.
    I love The Fall. Also, Guardians of the Galaxy and Halt and Catch Fire. 

Jared Harris... Chernobyl. 
    15ngcs1watto_cobra