After upgrading to Catalina, my Magic Trackpad doesn't recognize a double click or double tap

Posted:
in Genius Bar
After upgrading to Catalina, my Magic Trackpad doesn't recognize a double click or double tap.  I checked the trackpad panel in system preferences, and there's nothing there about double clicking.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Can you attach a screenshot of what you see, please?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    There's nothing to see.  I double-tap or double-click on the Magic Trackpad, and nothing happens.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    After upgrading to Catalina, my Magic Trackpad doesn't recognize a double click or double tap.  I checked the trackpad panel in system preferences, and there's nothing there about double clicking.
    There are no issues with my Magic Trackpad.  These taps on mine must be lower-mid area.  
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    There's nothing to see.  I double-tap or double-click on the Magic Trackpad, and nothing happens.
    I'm talking about the control panel. I want to see if its seeing it as not a Magic Trackpad.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm talking about the control panel. I want to see if its seeing it as not a Magic Trackpad.

OkiRun
  • Reply 6 of 9

Here you go >

• Reply 7 of 9

And here is with checked... and working fine for me.

• Reply 8 of 9
    Whether checked or not checked, it still doesn't work for me.
    OkiRun
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Added information:  It works properly with other accounts; I think the problem may be with a plug-in or extension in my account, but I have no idea which one nor where to find it.
    OkiRun