macOS Catalina 10.15.1 is now available with opt-in Siri review, support for AirPods Pro

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Wow! Aperture-style controls in Photos. That's great.
    How so? I press V and the view doesn't change. Or any of the other incredibly useful keypress/keycombo Aperture has. Darn do I miss Aperture!

• Reply 42 of 44

I have the exact same Internet issue on my MacBook Pro 2018 after updating it to MacOS Catalina 10.15.1!

I may a solution for you.  If you are running Intego Netbarrier go to the Netbarrier preferences and turn it off.  That worked on my iMac Pro, and my wife's iMac.  I had tried safe mode but that didn't make any difference I'm not sure why.  Something got changed via the update, now I'll have to wait until there is a fix either from Apple or Intego before I turn it back on.  Shame on me for all my bad thoughts.

Mike
    edited October 2019 WTimbermanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 44
    mdirvin said:

I have the exact same Internet issue on my MacBook Pro 2018 after updating it to MacOS Catalina 10.15.1!

I may a solution for you.  If you are running Intego Netbarrier go to the Netbarrier preferences and turn it off.  That worked on my iMac Pro, and my wife's iMac.  I had tried safe mode but that didn't make any difference I'm not sure why.  Something got changed via the update, now I'll have to wait until there is a fix either from Apple or Intego before I turn it back on.  Shame on me for all my bad thoughts.

Mike
    Bless you, Mr. Mike, bless you. I DO have Intego, and turning it off DOES work. Weird, 'cause I thought I'd tried this yesterday, but apparently not. I hate going naked on the Internet, although I'm not really -- I've still got Eero's firewall and Apple's, and Little Snitch -- but knowing Intego, they'll be issuing a fix sooner rather than later. (If only you'd been quicker on the trigger, I could have saved myself a 40 minute OS re-install, but hey, I'm still awfully grateful. :-) )
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Wow! Aperture-style controls in Photos. That's great.
    How so? I press V and the view doesn't change. Or any of the other incredibly useful keypress/keycombo Aperture has. Darn do I miss Aperture!
    Add your own keypress/keycombos to Photos using the Keyboard System Preference Pane.
    watto_cobra