Nancy Paxton, voice of Apple earnings calls, to retire after 33 years at Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2019
Though investors may not know her by name, and the public at large is almost assuredly unaware of her existence, Apple's head of Investor Relations Nancy Paxton has been the face -- or more accurately voice -- of the company's earnings conference calls for 23 years. On Wednesday, she announced her retirement.

Apple's Chief Financial Officer, Luca Maestri, announces Paxton's retirement
Apple's Chief Financial Officer, Luca Maestri, announces Paxton's retirement

In her role as Investor Relations chief, Paxton introduced and managed 93 earnings calls, including today's fourth quarter report. She has been with Apple for 33 years.

Luca Maestri took time out of the conference call to announce Paxton's decision and extend a special farewell message. Maestri thanked Paxton for her years at Apple and wished her much luck in her future endeavors.

"Nancy has been the face of Apple with analysts and investors over a period of incredible growth and success," Maestri said. "Her passion for our company, her commitment and dedication to serve our entire investor base, and her sense of humor will be missed greatly. Personally, I am very grateful for the advice and support you have given me over the past six years."

Paxton thanked Maestri for the remarks.

"[I have received] a great privilege to engage with so many investors and analysts on behalf of Apple over the last couple of decades," she said. "And of course it's been an extreme pleasure to work alongside so many brilliant people here at Apple on a day-to-day basis."

Paxton plans to depart Apple at the end of December There is currently no word on a replacement.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    I will miss. Congratulation Nancy and enjoy a well earned retirement. Your family is no doubt thrilled to have more time with you.
    ramanpfaffthtAppleExposedlolliver
  • Reply 2 of 18
    I'd really gotten used to her voice over the years. Enjoy retirement!
    lolliver
  • Reply 3 of 18
    That's a long time. She deserves a fantastic and relaxing retirement.
    lolliver
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    AvonB7 will be here in a few minutes to tell us she’s leaving a sinking ship. 
    lkruppfastasleepbadmonkbakedbananasrazorpitJWSC
  • Reply 5 of 18
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Damn.... Apple will report record losses now that she's gone............................................
  • Reply 6 of 18
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Jumping ship because of Apple's lack of innovation and Tim Cook's incompetence, right guys?

lkruppbadmonk
  • Reply 7 of 18
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I don't understand  where avonb7 is coming from. His profile says he’s been a member of AI since 2004, that’s 15 years., long before Jobs died. It’s only recently he’s turned virulent Apple hater, always spinning things negative, always trashing Apple at every opportunity. What happened to change him? What slight or insult did Apple lay on him to create the Apple hating monster he is now? 
    bakedbananaslolliver
  • Reply 8 of 18
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

slurpy said:
    Jumping ship because of Apple's lack of innovation and Tim Cook's incompetence, right guys?

And when we call out the naysayers for the dolts they are we are told we are faboys who contribute nothing to the discussion, meaning they will only accept criticism and trashing of the company as valid intercourse. 
    bakedbananas
  • Reply 9 of 18
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Why include a picture of Luca Maestri? Wouldn’t a picture of Nancy make more sense? 
    razorpitJWSCdysamoria
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Japhey said:
    Why include a picture of Luca Maestri? Wouldn’t a picture of Nancy make more sense? 
    couldn’t help but wonder if that photo was nancy,not actually knowing,you understand,specially these days with rapid gender transforms (but the beard line said no)
    razorpitJWSC
  • Reply 11 of 18
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I assume with her knowledge and awareness she bought a load of AAPL early on and is now a trillionaire.
    lolliver
  • Reply 12 of 18
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Japhey said:
    couldn’t help but wonder if that photo was nancy,not actually knowing,you understand,specially these days with rapid gender transforms (but the beard line said no)
    LOL, you weren't the only one who had to do a double take. It is a California based company after all...
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 13 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    razorpit said:
    Japhey said:
    LOL, you weren't the only one who had to do a double take. It is a California based company after all...

Yeah, me too.  I was really confused.  Female pronouns, male presentation.  I started thinking, "is she someone who transitioned from male to female? Female to male but uses female pronouns? Non-binary?"  My head started to hurt and I lost interest.  :)  
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 14 of 18
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    So we have two people trolling a person who didn’t even post, and two people trolling gender issues. A+, bros.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    sdw2001 said:
    razorpit said:
    Japhey said:

Yeah, me too.  I was really confused.  Female pronouns, male presentation.  I started thinking, "is she someone who transitioned from male to female? Female to male but uses female pronouns? Non-binary?"  My head started to hurt and I lost interest.  :)  
    Now I wonder if there are any ‘non-binary’ computers...
    lolliver
  • Reply 16 of 18
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Japhey said:

I remember years ago DED made a similar flub. A poster was ENRAGED and posted a mock article with a donkey picture on it. The mock articles headline was about DED and had a donkey pic with the words reading "This is a photo of a donkey". lol
  • Reply 17 of 18
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    Rayz2016 said:
    In a word, no.

She was one of those regular voices, popping up at the start and end of the calls. Always there. One of the constants. It will be strange listening to a call without her.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    lkrupp said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    I don't understand  where avonb7 is coming from. His profile says he’s been a member of AI since 2004, that’s 15 years., long before Jobs died. It’s only recently he’s turned virulent Apple hater, always spinning things negative, always trashing Apple at every opportunity. What happened to change him? What slight or insult did Apple lay on him to create the Apple hating monster he is now? 
    I have never been a 'fan' of Apple. I have never been a 'hater' either.

Historically I'm a fan of Apple products but not the company. I've never used a Windows PC as my personal daily driver.

I've had run ins with Apple executives because certain decisions were affecting my work and that of people that contracted me. In the end I had to stop recommending Macs professionally.

It wasn't the fault of those executives but the executives in Cupertino. 

Years later, some of the biggest issues got resolved. I argued for Apple Retail Stores long before Apple took the idea seriously. In those days, Apple was a U.S company with a U.S mindset and completely unable to grasp the issues affecting non-English speaking countries even though those countries had local Apple offices.

I was just as critical of Apple in 1998 as 2018. Not a lot has changed there. I give my opinion and back it up. I give credit where credit is due. I speak in favour of Apple if I think criticism is unwarranted.