macOS 10.15.1 suggests 16-inch MacBook Pro has discrete Touch ID

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25

Apple should keep the butterfly keyboard. After using mine for nearly 3 years, typing on anything else feels clunky and outdated. It’s the perfect amount of travel 

16” is the perfect size to be mobile while full fledged. I love my MacBook Pro 15.  But dang I miss the screen size of my old 17 PowerBook. 
    I think we're in the minority here, but yeah, I'd rather see the butterfly perfected than thrown out.

What I don't get is all the folks who think a new/replaced keyboard means returning to scissor keys. A new keyboard could be something new entirely. And how about that laser keyboard patent?

I used to carry the "cafeteria tray" Powerbook too, dunno how I managed to not throw out my damn back…
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Just FYI, if you go looking for the likely processors in a re-architected "Pro" MacBook -- the obvious choices are the eight-core Xeon E-2286M and six-core Xeon E-2276M. They've been launched by Intel and HP has the E-2286M as an option for their ZBook 15 G6 (sixth-generation) mobile workstations, with pricing around $4000 for 32GB RAM with the best graphics and the top-end display.

They don't yet offer the E-2276M but if the fifth-generation is any indication, it will be about $400 less than the E-2286M.
    edited October 2019 fastasleep
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Hmm, this implies very little, O wonder why they would want a gap there unless they wanted the button to be more easily accessible? 
  • Reply 24 of 25
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Eric_WVGG said:

Apple should keep the butterfly keyboard. After using mine for nearly 3 years, typing on anything else feels clunky and outdated. It’s the perfect amount of travel 

16” is the perfect size to be mobile while full fledged. I love my MacBook Pro 15.  But dang I miss the screen size of my old 17 PowerBook. 
    I think we're in the minority here, but yeah, I'd rather see the butterfly perfected than thrown out.

What I don't get is all the folks who think a new/replaced keyboard means returning to scissor keys. A new keyboard could be something new entirely. And how about that laser keyboard patent?

I used to carry the "cafeteria tray" Powerbook too, dunno how I managed to not throw out my damn back…
    My understanding is that there have been specific rumours about the scissor mechanism from the supply chain and inside Apple. It's not just "New keyboard" => "Scissor mechanism!", it's based on actual reports that there's going to be a scissor mechanism.

Time will tell. If it's coming out this year, presumably there'll be something about it soon. I don't think they'll want to hold off much longer before announcing it. Maybe it and the Mac Pro at the same time.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    Hmm, this implies very little, O wonder why they would want a gap there unless they wanted the button to be more easily accessible? 
    To match the gap on the left next to the ESC key: