New trailer for 'Ghostwriter' shows up on Apple TV+ YouTube channel

Posted:
in General Discussion
A new trailer showcases clips from the reimagined 1990's PBS classic educational program "Ghostwriter," now available to watch on Apple TV+.

Ghostwriter

When a ghost takes up residence in a local bookstore and releases fictional characters into the real world, a team of kids must band together to help put everyone back into their proper stories.

The trailer teases clips of the characters interacting with famous literary characters such as the White Rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland" and Mowgli from "The Jungle Book."

The video's description reads "Magic. Mystery. Mad Hatters. Just another average day in middle school."

"Ghostwriter" is a reimagining of the early '90s PBS classic. While the original series focused on the characters solving mysteries with the help of a ghost, the reimagining is a bit different.

The aim of "Ghostwriter" is to help bolster the reading skills of elementary school students. This time around, the characters will have to help rescue classic literary characters and get them back to their correct pieces of fiction. "Ghostwriter" is available to watch now on Apple TV+.

Apple TV+ launched today, with shows such as "See," "The Morning Show," and "Dickinson" heading up the first round of content released to the service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Now if they recreate the “Max Mouse” arc of the TV series, I can die a happy man, as my life would then be complete. Those episodes terrified me in ways I can’t explain. I was so worried for months straight that the characters may be hurt or in harm’s way....

....I never did stop separating tv fantasy from my day to day reality... haha. 
  • Reply 2 of 2
    BwlmogBwlmog Posts: 11unconfirmed, member
    Just watched the first three episodes of Ghost Writer. As someone who had never watched the original I had high hopes and was expecting a highly polished and entertaining show.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case and whilst I accept these things are subjective, my entire family found this show to be largely uninteresting, poorly acted with no chemistry between the characters and with special effects that looked instantly dated. 

No doubt as someone new to the franchise I’m missing something and I don’t have the nostalgic view of this show to rely on, but I certainly wouldn’t subscribe based on this show. I’ll watch some of the others during the 7 day free trial but early reviews that I’ve read aren’t overly positive and I suspect I’ll be cancelling my subscription pretty quickly.