ibook stuff

emeeme
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i really like my ibook... the only thing is that lika about 2 months ago my battery drops from 90% to 0, does any one know why it does this? The other thing is that also my airport card stopped working it is not recognized by the hardware even if i reinstall it, what might be the problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eme

i really like my ibook... the only thing is that lika about 2 months ago my battery drops from 90% to 0, does any one know why it does this? The other thing is that also my airport card stopped working it is not recognized by the hardware even if i reinstall it, what might be the problem?

About the battery, if you are running 10.2.4 that might be the majority of your problem. If not, try resetting the powermanager. On the clamshell iBooks it in the vents right up by the screen on the right hand side, on the new snow iBooks I have no clue. As far as airport card, you might want to make sure it is seated all the way in so that it makes a good electrical connection.

A@ron
  • Reply 2 of 7
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Battery issues... .. and not only here, I had a look on macosx.com and macnn too..

Mine goet to 0 % directly from 56% where it goes after 1,5 hours of use, and the recharge says it'd be 100 % directly after reaching 42 % charge.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Did any of you guys try calling Apple to get a replacement battery (assuming you're under warranty) after attempting to reset PMU?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    The battery curve looks like this now..

Trying to call apple care now...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    MB, I've got a box with a red x in it there... not wrong, but not right, really...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Uhh? Must be something with the site's permissions. Retrying:

Charge drop

Charge

Charge behaviour in continuation...

I'll try to pass in an Apple store these days, I want the battery to work 100 % and not 40 %.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    well the 1.2.6 iPod update seems to claim to resurrect batteries and correct misdetected charge levels, so maybe a similar update is pending for all LiIon cell books