What PDA's are you using?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 79
    Clie N760 with 128Mb Memory Stick for my MP3s and a Targus Stowaway keyboard (this is such a cool piece of kit).

I use it instead of my TiBook for note-taking at university when I don't need to do any graphics stuff - it makes my bag so much lighter.
  • Reply 22 of 79
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    m505

great battery life, got it at half.com for $159 for Christmas, perfect condition, what can I say?

love it

upgraded from a palm III
  • Reply 23 of 79
    lixlix Posts: 56member
    iPaq 3630 running Familiar Linux 0.6 with the Opie desktop environment. Some guys have got a Mac OS X USB driver running for it, so I'm hoping for some iSync support some time soon :-)

More of a really small computer than a PDA, I've got a Stowaway for it and am just saving for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth CF cards.

I used a Palm V for a few years, great machine, but got a bit limiting near the end with what I was wanting to do. Now the iPaq takes care of the more "computing" stuff, whilst my T68i handles the PDA functionality.

I love my shiny things
  • Reply 24 of 79
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Just got a Sony Clie NX60. I love the screen. Still trying to figure everything out on it. Of course not all the software is Mac compatable.
  • Reply 25 of 79
    ibeniibeni Posts: 54member
    p800

• Reply 26 of 79
    corkurkcorkurk Posts: 90member
    Newton MP 2100. Does more than most new PDA's on the market. Still gets lots of attention. People wonder what in the world that "huge Palm Pilot" is. After I show them that you don't have to use graffitti in the special 1"x1" box at the bottom of the screen, but can in fact write anywhere on the screen and have good accuracy (around 90-95%) their ears perk up. Then throw in the fact that they stopped making them 6 years ago, and watch the jaws hit the floor.

I love my Newton. Just hope that when mine dies, I can still find a good used one on Ebay.
  • Reply 27 of 79
    Clié NX60. To all you Newton people, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you can't come to terms with the fact that the Newton is obsolete They have support groups for you folks you know... seek help before it is too late.
  • Reply 28 of 79
    mikemike Posts: 138member
    Samsung i330 Phone/PDA...replaced a Kyocera 6035.
  • Reply 29 of 79
    I scribble notes on random pieces of paper within arm's reach of me (or my hand if none's available).

If I'm late for a meeting, there's usually someone yelling at me to get my butt there.

If I need to buy something at the store, my wife usually reminds me what

that is.

If it's a good friend, I already know their address. If I don't know their address already, well, I probably didn't really want to visit them anyway.

If I need to stare at shiny things, I go to the local electronic store.
  • Reply 30 of 79
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, i've decided on another necessity. i'm as scatterbrained as they come. i always remember to do stuff at the perfectly wrong times.

so i want a PDA that allows me to do short voice recordings. i think i'm going to head over to the Apple store near me and see what they're showcasing. interesting answers so far. no obviously clear winner.
  • Reply 31 of 79
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

well, i've decided on another necessity. i'm as scatterbrained as they come. i always remember to do stuff at the perfectly wrong times.

so i want a PDA that allows me to do short voice recordings. i think i'm going to head over to the Apple store near me and see what they're showcasing. interesting answers so far. no obviously clear winner.

I think that most of the newer ones allow you to do that now. My TT does. Granted, the program it uses isn't spectacular, but it does the job. You'll likely find only Palm/Handsprings at the Apple store. They don't have much selection. :/ I'm going to again suggest the TT. It's a powerful little machine and if you can get past the graffiti, it's the best PDA out there.
  • Reply 32 of 79
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Nice to know that there are others out there agonising over a PDA just like I am. Heck, my first post to these boards was about how well Pocket PCs work with Mac! What tempts me is WiFi and the ability to edit Word docs on the go.

That's why the rumoured Palm Tungsten C sounds like it would pretty nice (if the rumors are true) with its built-in WiFi and keyboard. Though I still like the handwriting recognition on the Pocket PC, and the tap-a-letter-at-a-time-with-the-stylus keyboard is not bad for slow typists like me (which is why I haven't written off the Dell Axim...hey, it's cheap!).

Though I think I'll hold out for a while and hope that the Apple tablet rumours are true!
  • Reply 33 of 79
    my problem is that there's nothing out there hardware wise that i'm exicted about getting. pretty much everything i look at has some serious drawback to it, and i feel like i'm comprimising by buying it.

i hate purchasing technology if i feel that way about it. i'll wait and see a bit longer. i'm starting to run out of room in my head to remember things though.
  • Reply 34 of 79
    get a clie nz90 the HUMMER of the pda world
  • Reply 35 of 79
    ok, it's down to the clie nz90 and the palm TT. i'll hit the stores tonight and see which i like better.

found the clie for only $660, which is a little more respectable than the lousy $880 they were asking for.
  • Reply 36 of 79
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    really! the price came down. wow i guess they figured no one would buy it at such a high price. Although, no matter what PDA you get i recommend getting it from a place that has a good return policy incase you get a dead pixel(s). No offense to TT users but imo the TT is nothing compared to the nz90, unless size is a concern.
  • Reply 37 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

really! the price came down. wow i guess they figured no one would buy it at such a high price. Although, no matter what PDA you get i recommend getting it from a place that has a good return policy incase you get a dead pixel(s). No offense to TT users but imo the TT is nothing compared to the nz90, unless size is a concern.

None taken. I think these things are for different markets, really. The TT is nice and small which is perfect for what I need. I have a digicam and an mp3 player. It's just too big for me. And the cost!! Wow, that sony is about the price of an iBook. Too much, IMHO. Anyway, both models appear to be good ones.

But, damn, those clies are nice....
  • Reply 38 of 79
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    yea totally it depends on your needs. I just think palm could at least make one model that is feature rich in the multimedia dept. i would much rather buy from palm mostly cuz of their mac friendliness, but they just dont have what i'm looking for..
  • Reply 39 of 79
    i think i'll pocket test 'em here soon. i was really digging how small the palm was, need to find a clie on display now.
  • Reply 40 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i think i'll pocket test 'em here soon. i was really digging how small the palm was, need to find a clie on display now.

Go to best buy, buy 'em both and try 'em out for a while. That's the good thing about nice return policies.