iOS 13.2.3, iPadOS 13.2.3 released to fix Mail and background app issues

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44

Hope it fixes a mail bug that I have had since upgrading to iOS 13.x. I have my mail set to Fetch, but every time at like 1:30AM, I get an email "ding" that wakes me up. Very annoying.....Can't turn "Do not Disturb" on due to work.....
    You have notifications and sound on and DND off because you need alerts from mail all night, and you’re upset because its doing that? Are you not getting a mail when the ding happens? I’m confused. 
    I think his point was that Fetch is set to Manual but it's still fetching automatically and he has sound on for work texts or calls.
    If that's the case then just turn off sound in Mail's notifications settings. 

If sound is only on because of calls, then tell Do Not Disturb to only Allow Calls From > Group/Contacts

I don't think there's an equivalent for Messages, but in Contacts you can turn on "Emergency Bypass" which allows sounds/vibrations from that contact even when the ring switch is set to silent, or when DND is on. You can also customize which alert sound you use for calls or texts for those people.

Either way there's no reason to have ALL your alerts going off all night, that'd drive me batshit crazy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 44
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Hope it fixes a mail bug that I have had since upgrading to iOS 13.x. I have my mail set to Fetch, but every time at like 1:30AM, I get an email "ding" that wakes me up. Very annoying.....Can't turn "Do not Disturb" on due to work.....
    Surely you can control that in settings?

mail: notifications: alert tones: none. 
    edited November 2019 fastasleepn2itivguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 44
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    The Find My location is still 10 hours delayed!!!!
  • Reply 24 of 44

What nags me about Mail is that it is slow. The badge says that there are 5 unread emails. I open it up, load the emails and read them, but Mail is still updating so by the time it is done, it thinks I haven't read the new emails yet so it marks them as unread again. A little annoying.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Safari tabs, history et cetera aren't syncing with older sw, like Sierra, iOS12. Freaking annoying, so I switched browsers. Also downgraded my laptop to 10.14

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250672750

• Reply 26 of 44
    Hi, I'm using an iPhone 8 with 13.2.3 iOS, having delayed responses when adjusting the volume. Please advise if have the same issue and advise of the resolution..
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 44
    Hi, False alarm, seem to be doing fine after a restart. Thank you
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 44
    After updating my Xs Max, the red notification badge telling me I had a software update wouldn't go away even though it said my software was up to date.
  • Reply 29 of 44
    I’m having a surprising bug. Some sites, including Apple Insider and Ars Technica, are opening in desktop mode. MacRumors and The Verge are in the usual mobile format. In the Comments mode, however, Apple Insider has reverted to the correct mobile format. Strange. Only happening since updating my iPhone 7 to iOS 13.2.3. Anyone else affected?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 44
    ivanh said:
    The Find My location is still 10 hours delayed!!!!
    I was wondering about that. Last week, I temporarily misplaced my phone when I forgot it on top of the LAN printer at work. Tried to locate it by pinging it from my watch. Nothing happened - no sound. I tried Find My and it said my phone was at home even thought I'd been at work for several hours and had used the phone there. I retraced my steps and located my phone where I'd left it. I rebooted my phone and my watch, and the phone's location updated to show it was at work and I could then ping it from my watch. Not sure if I'd have been as lucky if I had left it someplace in public since both methods of locating it weren't working.
    philboogiewatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 44

You have notifications and sound on and DND off because you need alerts from mail all night, and you’re upset because its doing that? Are you not getting a mail when the ding happens? I’m confused. 

If it was an important message, then yeah I would not mind. But I have my email to fetch, so it should not be pulling email at 1:30AM....

BTW, the patch did not fix this as I got an email at 1:30AM again.....

watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 44
    JFC_PA said:

Sure as a work around, but fetch should work as it did before iOS13 and it does not as it is clearly pulling at night. You should not have to implement a work around every night.....
    edited November 2019 philboogie
  • Reply 33 of 44
    Just updated my 11 Pro Max. After the install completed and the phone booted up, it gave me a message saying "Ultra Wideband Update Failed - Your iPhone cannot use ultra wideband until it has been updated." Anyone else seeing this?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 44
    JFC_PA said:

Sure as a work around, but fetch should work as it did before iOS13 and it does not as it is clearly pulling at night. You should not have to implement a work around every night.....
    Why not just implement permanent changes as outlined above? If you’re leaving all sounds and notifications on while you sleep, you’re already doing it wrong, aside from the bug. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 44

What nags me about Mail is that it is slow. The badge says that there are 5 unread emails. I open it up, load the emails and read them, but Mail is still updating so by the time it is done, it thinks I haven't read the new emails yet so it marks them as unread again. A little annoying.

Mine doesn’t do that. I don’t even load mine in the background, I manually fetch when opening the app. It takes like 2 seconds. Maybe it’s your mail server. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 44
    JFC_PA said:

Why not just implement permanent changes as outlined above? If you’re leaving all sounds and notifications on while you sleep, you’re already doing it wrong, aside from the bug. 

I guess I'll do that until the bug is fixed.

Since you said you have your email fetch as well, are you seeing the email bug that I'm encountering?

watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 44
    JFC_PA said:

Since you said you have your email fetch as well, are you seeing the email bug that I'm encountering?

Mine is set to Fetch and then Fetch setting is Manual, if that’s what you mean. I never, ever, get any Mail notifications. It only gets new messages when I open the Mail app, which is how I like it. :) I guess I’m not sure what the difference is, but if you go into Accounts and select your mail account and switch Fetch to Manual is that the same thing? Maybe that would fix it if I understand correctly. 

If that’s what you’re trying to do, you can also just turn off Notifications for Mail altogether since you only want to get new mail when opening the app, if that’s indeed what you want. 
    edited November 2019 MustSeeUHDTVwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 44
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Since the update, Phone app>Recents only lists incoming calls, not calls I initiated.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 44
    13.1.3 on Xs. No problems
  • Reply 40 of 44
    JFC_PA said:

Mine is set to Fetch and then Fetch setting is Manual, if that’s what you mean. I never, ever, get any Mail notifications. It only gets new messages when I open the Mail app, which is how I like it. :) I guess I’m not sure what the difference is, but if you go into Accounts and select your mail account and switch Fetch to Manual is that the same thing? Maybe that would fix it if I understand correctly. 

If that’s what you’re trying to do, you can also just turn off Notifications for Mail altogether since you only want to get new mail when opening the app, if that’s indeed what you want. 

Yes, that is how I have it set, but is it still pulling at 1:30AM for some reason, so I'll have to turn off the sound.
    watto_cobra