Font Finding

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Need some help tracking down a font... Hopefully you peeps can help me.

If you can goto www.rymac.co.uk and click on "about us" you will see the word RYMAC written on the vans.

Thats the font i need, but the guy that did the vans cant remember what it was!!

Hope you can help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Looks like Helvetica Condensed or Arial Black. Anywho try grabbing that image and putting it on what the font I think thats the correct link, that site has saved me so many times. Hopefully it too can help you heh. G'luck!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

Looks like Helvetica Condensed or Arial Black. Anywho try grabbing that image and putting it on what the font I think thats the correct link, that site has saved me so many times. Hopefully it too can help you heh. G'luck!

Ummm, it's neither. I don't know what it is off of the top of my head, but it definately isn't Helvetica or Arial.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    The bottom font is Eurostyle Extended. Example

I've use the top font a handfull of times over the years, but can not remember it's name.

Here is a website that will possibly help you identify the font in question: Identifont.com
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Woo Hoo.

After a few attempts on identifont and some guesswork I found the iccle swine.

EF Algerian

Just incase anyone else wanted to know.

Next question, will any font file work in OS X. I see some .ttf files. Are these the same as windows truetype (type1) fonts ? Or do I need the "Mac Postscript" version from sites such as fonts.com?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I can verify that

Type 1 PostScript

Windows TrueType

Mac TrueType

Adobe OpenType

all work in OS X