Featurette teases Apple TV+ drama 'Truth be Told' with star introductions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2019
Apple has released a new featurette for 'Truth Be Told,' giving viewers of the Octavia Spencer-fronted Apple TV+ show a closer look at the podcast-based criminal investigation show before its release on December 6.

Uploaded to Apple's dedicated Apple TV+ YouTube channel, the three-minute featurette for "Truth Be Told" has the stars of the show explaining their characters, as well as hinting at where the stories of each will go as the mini-series plays out.

The video features Octavia Spencer, who plays podcast journalist Poppy Parnell, advising how Parnell became involved in an investigation of a young man who was tried as an adult, and found guilty for murdering his neighbor. Almost two decades later, Parnell is concerned she may have made an innocent man go to prison, and re-attempts to investigate with a view to freeing Warren Cave, played by Aaron Paul.

In the process of the investigation, Parnell's examination has repercussions, affecting the families of those involved in the affair as she broadcasts her findings via a podcast.

The show is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon, who also produces and stars in Apple TV+ series "The Morning Show." The showrunner is Nichelle Tramble, who also created the series and previously worked on "The Good Wife."

Apple held a premiere for the show in Hollywood on November 12, via a celebrity-filled event at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Los Angeles. For people at home, they can watch the first three episodes of "Truth Be Told" on December 6, with more episodes airing each Friday.

Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month, with a seven-day trial also available, though customers who buy select Apple hardware can get a free year's subscription as part of their purchase.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Octavia is such an amazing actress, everything she does is gold. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 21
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Have to check that out.  Thoroughly enjoying The Morning Show.  

BTW, maybe someone can help here.  The Apple TV 4K and Apple TV+'s interface don't seem quite finished unless I am missing something.  Unlike the Netflix app, where when one show finishes (and assuming there are more of the same show available) it seamlessly offer a continuance.  The Morning Show has about five mines of credits then the same again in other languages and then it just ends, I've not seen nor found a 'continue watching next show' option that is obvious.  I have to go through several steps each time.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 21
    65026502 Posts: 380member
    Truth be told, I could care less.

Now, if Apple would only fix why I can no longer sync my iPhone and Mac with iOS13 and catalina, that I would be interested in.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    6502 said:

Now, if Apple would only fix why I can no longer sync my iPhone and Mac with iOS13 and catalina, that I would be interested in.
    Probably user error, given how off topic this comment is. 
    SoliRayz2016macxpressStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 21
    6502 said:

Yeah plugging it in and hitting sync is so difficult. And there's the 10 page thread on Apple's discussion page with others having the same problem. Everyone says Apple can do their TV thing and still have resources to not write buggy software. I guess not.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    6502 said:

How much less could you care?
    MacProStrangeDaysfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    6502 said:

I suspect the cause of the problem is holding the phone.
    macxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 21
    6502 said:

Truth be told, we couldn't care less about your off-topic rant.
    StrangeDaysfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 21
    6502 said:
    6502 said:

Yeah plugging it in and hitting sync is so difficult. And there's the 10 page thread on Apple's discussion page with others having the same problem. Everyone says Apple can do their TV thing and still have resources to not write buggy software. I guess not.
    Truth be Told, why the fuck are you plugging in your phone to sync in 2019? And what the hell does this have to do with the topic? Spamming the forums with useless comments isn't gonna fix your issue.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    6502 said:

Truth be told. If you can’t stay on simple topic you’ll have more serious issue in your life than syncing iPhone. 
  • Reply 11 of 21
    MacPro said:

BTW, maybe someone can help here.  The Apple TV 4K and Apple TV+'s interface don't seem quite finished unless I am missing something.  Unlike the Netflix app, where when one show finishes (and assuming there are more of the same show available) it seamlessly offer a continuance.  The Morning Show has about five mines of credits then the same again in other languages and then it just ends, I've not seen nor found a 'continue watching next show' option that is obvious.  I have to go through several steps each time.
    On my Apple TV HD I have next Episode waiting for me to click when the credit of previous Episode rolled. It’s on the bottom left. I just click the trackpad on the remote control and the next Episode play (it’s already automatically selected). 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 21
    matrix077 said:
    MacPro said:

On my Apple TV HD I have next Episode waiting for me to click when the credit of previous Episode rolled. It’s on the bottom left. I just click the trackpad on the remote control and the next Episode play (it’s already automatically selected). 
    OK thanks, I'll wait next time or go and get another G&T, I suspect now that as I fast forward through the ten minutes of credits I am being punished by that not appearing lol.
    edited November 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 21

Soli said:
    6502 said:

Well answered! That grammatical error always cracks me up.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    MacPro said:

Soli said:
    6502 said:

Well answered! That grammatical error always cracks me up.
    No, I could actually care one nano-care less, so my grammar was correct.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    6502 said:

You wouldn't have responded if you couldn't have cared less.

It's on topic as apple wastes its resources making shows no one will watch all while trying to catch and imitate Netflix. It's like when Microsoft came out with Zune. Meanwhile their software gets buggier and buggier as even admitted by Federighi himself.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    macxpress said:
    6502 said:
    6502 said:

Truth be Told, why the fuck are you plugging in your phone to sync in 2019? And what the hell does this have to do with the topic? Spamming the forums with useless comments isn't gonna fix your issue.
    Because a fucking wifi connection is never as fucking reliable as a fucking cable. So when I fucking have the fucking option of using a fucking cable over fucking wifi, I'll use a fucking cable. 

I wasn't asking for tech support. I was making a point that apple should release less buggy software before spending resources on shows no one will watch all while trying to imitate netflix.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    matrix077 said:
    6502 said:

Truth be told. If you can’t stay on simple topic you’ll have more serious issue in your life than syncing iPhone. 
    My life is wonderful, thanks.

matrix077 said:
    MacPro said:

And you giving tech support is so on topic.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Rayz2016 said:
    6502 said:

I suspect the cause of the problem is holding the phone.
    Problem could also be between ears. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 19 of 21

6502 said:
    6502 said:

You wouldn't have responded if you couldn't have cared less.

It's on topic as apple wastes its resources making shows no one will watch all while trying to catch and imitate Netflix. It's like when Microsoft came out with Zune. Meanwhile their software gets buggier and buggier as even admitted by Federighi himself.
    Mindless braying. Many, many people are watching their shows. We’re really enjoying them. 

By your dim logic no one else should ever release streaming because Netflix has streaming? Let me illuminate you - the Zune was mocked not because it wasn’t first, but because it sucked. 
    edited November 2019 Soliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 21
    6502 said:
    macxpress said:
    6502 said:
    6502 said:

Because a fucking wifi connection is never as fucking reliable as a fucking cable. So when I fucking have the fucking option of using a fucking cable over fucking wifi, I'll use a fucking cable. 

I wasn't asking for tech support. I was making a point that apple should release less buggy software before spending resources on shows no one will watch all while trying to imitate netflix.
    Given the people making TV shows for Apple have fuck all to do with iOS software, your point is... *checks notes* ... stupid. 
    SoliStrangeDays