Space Black Hermes Apple Watch Series 5 no longer available to order

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited February 2020
After debuting earlier this year, Apple's stock of Space Black Hermes Apple Watch models has seemingly run dry with it now completely unavailable for purchase.

Space Black stainless steel Apple Watch Series 5 Hermes edition
Space Black stainless steel Apple Watch Series 5 Hermes edition

Spotted over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, would-be shoppers visiting Apple's Apple Watch purchase page are unable to pick up the black Hermes model. Prospective purchasers are able to still choose the Space Black color option while using the Apple Watch Studio tool -- but the option to add it to cart for delivery or in-store pickup is not available.

The black Hermes Apple Watch is unavailable to order
The black Hermes Apple Watch is unavailable to order

Anyone hoping to pick up the Space Black Hermes Apple Watch Series 5 shouldn't concede defeat just yet though. Given that the model is still selectable in the configure tool, and still featured on the Apple product page, it appears only out of stock. But, the lack of an expected delivery date is unusual, especially during the holiday buying season.

The silver stainless steel Hermes Apple Watch remains available for purchase. Apple added Space Black stainless steel as an option for Hermes buyers with the Series 5, though that may be short lived if this turns out to be more than a simple out-of-stock issue.

As we mentioned during our hands on, the Hermes Apple Watch is the same as the standard Apple Watch Series 5 though it can be bundled with an Hermes band and it has additional Hermes watch faces included. A small etching on the ceramic rear of the casing also denotes the Hermes status.

AppleInsider has reached out to Apple for clarification on the matter.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    Nice catch. Surprised Apple hasn't reintroduced more of a status symbol differentiator watch, upwards of US$ 5000 now that platform is stabilizing ( says a guy who's very content with his cheap Series 3)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I think Apple are careful with how they stock the Apple watch model range, for example I notice Hermes and Edition models aren't available in every country.
    caladanian
  • Reply 3 of 6
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Apple is probably banking on a degree of exclusivity to help imbue cachet.

• Reply 4 of 6
    Just checked. It’s still available in Germany.
    src.: iOS Apple store app. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    Just checked. It’s still available in Germany.
    src.: iOS Apple store app. 
    Try putting it in your cart.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I just got one on the Hermes website, confirmed purchase. I hope it's the last one... WLOL