MWNY Renamed "Create"

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Off to General Discussion...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    given the predominance of Apple in almost every Graphics and Multimedia market (arguably defining those markets), the name "CREATE" fits its core industry niche nicely. expect plenty of iLife and FinalCutExpress/(4)Pro

plus, if they ever do a gamer expo, they can call it "DESTROY"
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

plus, if they ever do a gamer expo, they can call it "DESTROY"

LOL! I second that!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    MWNY can always come back next year!!

I think this all points to some very interesting changes in Apple's approach to professional digital editing an all fronts - audio, video, stills, etc.

The new Media 100 demo next month ( http://www.macnn.com/news/18899 ) and NAB are all pointing to a very proactive positioning by Apple that may outgrow MW's as the one place to show off technology.

I never get to go to any of them anyway, so to me it doesn't matter where the streaming keynote takes place. I always liked the idea of Apple in the Big Apple that made MWNY so cool, though.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "MWNY can always come back next year!!"

But the odds against that happening are high.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ha! I mentioned this in the closed thread, butit looks like Andrew Stone couldn't help but notice.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I think Apple knew this before 'everyone else' as they did move WWDC close to the proposed date for MacWorld NY. So it will be a great complimentary to NY.

IT would be cool to closely relate the two conferences, that way, there could be more steam producing hype between the hardware and software people.

They will be closer.

aah, love.

-walloo.