Chinese app makers can now enroll in Apple Developer Program through Apple Developer app

Posted:
in iOS edited December 2019
Apple on Tuesday updated its new Apple Developer app to support Developer Program enrollment for coders based in mainland China, offering the feature as an app-based renewable subscription for the first time.

Apple Developer app

Announced in a post to Apple's developer website, the new Apple Developer app capability enables a fast and easy membership route for Chinese developers.

With in-app purchase support, app makers are able to start and finish their membership purchase with local payment methods on iOS devices like iPhone or iPad, negating the need to visit Apple's dedicated web portal. And like other versions of the Apple Developer app, enrollment in the Developer Program appears as an auto-renewable subscription, facilitating painless upkeep and account management.

Apple introduced the Apple Developer app in November as a reworking of its dedicated WWDC app. Along with options for Developer Program enrollment and account management, the title offers access to year-round news, informational videos and other assets deemed helpful to the app making process.

Previously, developer content was spread across the WWDC app, Apple's developer webpage and other online repositories. According to Apple, the redesigned app will serve its original role as a guide to the Worldwide Developers Conference when the gathering takes place in June.

Initially available to U.S. users, the option to enroll in Apple's Developer Program through Apple Developer will slowly roll out to additional locales. China is one of the first to net the feature.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Not great. I just found malware and was refunded by Apple on the Appstore. Think what you want but I can tell you, it's not safe by any means. There is no replacement for good habits, knowledge, and strong security practices. Depending on Apple, to lull you into false sense of security is arguably more harmful. 
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    digitol said:
    Not great. I just found malware and was refunded by Apple on the Appstore. Think what you want but I can tell you, it's not safe by any means. There is no replacement for good habits, knowledge, and strong security practices. Depending on Apple, to lull you into false sense of security is arguably more harmful. 
    Okay... cuz you said so?

what app was it?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Because Sosa says so.