Apple in negotiations to expand Apple TV+ with live sports, more movies

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,072member
    Buy an NFL & NBA team instead.
    Yep!  Nothing like a tax shelter for the wealthy (NFL). 
  • Reply 22 of 24
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,386member
    Some of you would be quite amazed at how popular DAZN (Da Zone) has become thanks to buying up the exclusive non-UK rights to English Premier League football. While I could literally not care less about sportsball of any sort (okay, maybe caber toss ...), it might be interesting if Apple could grab something like exclusive streaming rights to something major (NFL? Olympics? Paralympics?).
  • Reply 23 of 24
    I’m personally wondering if there was an inquiry about Apple acquiring the PlayStation Vue service and if there wasn’t, why not? The move could have been something of a PR coup, similar to iPod vs. most MP3 players, the behemoths that iPhone and iPad have become, etc. Could have taken something that another media giant failed in keeping afloat, potentially lowered the subscription price and had an instant baked in audience through all of the devices. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 24
    razorpit said:
    Apple TV - only one thing missing - good content.
    I finally tried to watch a show Wednesday night. 'See' is an excellent cure for insomnia. I had trouble staying awake picking up halfway through where I left off the night before. Right where the queen starts to, well you know. I'll try one more but so far Manadlorian is kicking ass. Apple trying to be edgy is actually cringy.
    So True.  
    Can’t wait for Oprah Winfrey’s #Metoo documentary.  I have been suffering major Constipation - and I have a feeling watching This documentary or her book club could be the cure. 
    watto_cobra