Cannot sign in My Macbook Air 13

Posted:
in iCloud
Hi 

Hi i have a Macbook Air 13inch ( Mid 2013) and it was with Mac os Catalina.
and some of my account apps/ Photoshop was not supported by Catalina so i have Downgrade my OS to 10.9.5 ( original OS of this Macbook air)

Now i cannot sign in my Apple ID on this Mac.

whenever i try to Sign, it say
An Apple ID verification code is required.
Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices.

i got the verification code on my iPhone.( my iPhone with 12.3.1 version IOS) and i have click Allowed then it show a Verification 6 digit code. but where i have to enter it?

in my iPhone it say
Apple VERIFICATION CODE.
ENTER THIS VERIFICATION CODE ON YOUR MACBOOK AIR TO SIGN IN.

2 I try to switch off my Two-step verification and Two-Facttor verification on my Phone and iCloud web browser. still it not show any button to switch off it.

Please kindly give me any solution to fix this error.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member
    mmpaaker said:

Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices.

Do what it says...type your password and append the verification code to it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Hi Chabig, if i want to type the password then in my Mac it has to show some link to fill the code. but it not appear. but when i sign my apple id on Web ( https://appleid.apple.com/) it show the code on phone once i click it same time it show a black boxes to fill the code. but when i try to sign in System preference and iCloud. it just show a link to allow in my phone and show a verification code. but not show a link in my mac, to type the code i have received in iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mmpaaker said:
    Hi 

Hi i have a Macbook Air 13inch ( Mid 2013) and it was with Mac os Catalina.
    and some of my account apps/ Photoshop was not supported by Catalina so i have Downgrade my OS to 10.9.5 ( original OS of this Macbook air)

Now i cannot sign in my Apple ID on this Mac.

whenever i try to Sign, it say
    An Apple ID verification code is required.

i got the verification code on my iPhone.( my iPhone with 12.3.1 version IOS) and i have click Allowed then it show a Verification 6 digit code. but where i have to enter it?

in my iPhone it say
    Apple VERIFICATION CODE.
    ENTER THIS VERIFICATION CODE ON YOUR MACBOOK AIR TO SIGN IN.

2 I try to switch off my Two-step verification and Two-Facttor verification on my Phone and iCloud web browser. still it not show any button to switch off it.

Please kindly give me any solution to fix this error.

I am in the same boat, wished i had a direct solution- you are not missing or doing anything wrong, just we are in a pickle using older apple products recently.
    I entered the 6 digit passcode after my password while signing in to icloud through system preferences to get mail, everything worked but mail, so i am not using my icloud mail on the macbook because we followed every step Apple provided for us. Seems to me our older equipment is losing support by the month, so we need to just bear with these run-arounds until someone in Cupertino realizes we need a solution, and apple customers still use older apple products today.
    as for me i am sticking with Mountain Lion, osx 10.8 since that does everything i need creativity wise.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I tried to set up mail on my 2010 macbook air using mountain lion 10.8.5 just now and everything credential wise worked!
    then I tried sending my outlook account email, and thats when mail went (or stayed) off line with 2 message errors.
    the iphone (5s-12.4.4) had 5 pop up notifying me that my account was used to sign into my macbook.
    I need to go to the Apple store next week and keep a promise i made in 2010 stating that i will bring the macbook air into that store in 2020.
    i dont expect they will help because i know more about this than them by a city a mile!
    and i am still getting apple id notifications, 2 more since typing this message,