AEBS and PS2 Network Adapter

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just picked up a PS2 network adapter off of eBay the other day. I had heard that it doesn't work correctly with the AirPort Base Station or the AirPort Extreme Base Station when they are set up as routers. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not for me?

Thanks!

--PB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Ummm...you can. PS/2 is not very friendly to Macs, and is not what you would call blisteringly fast , per se.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Ummm...you can. PS/2 is not very friendly to Macs, and is not what you would call blisteringly fast , per se.

PS2, as in PlayStation 2. Not PS/2.

I don't know anything about them, though. I'm a Cube man.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    posterboyposterboy Posts: 147member
    Quote:

Yes, PS2 as in PlayStation 2, not PS/2 the PC peripheral connector.

--PB
  • Reply 4 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh. Sorry. I don't know whether the network adapter conforms with the 802.11b standard.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Oh. Sorry. I don't know whether the network adapter conforms with the 802.11b standard.

Well, seeing as it's an ethernet adapter, I would guess the answer is "no".

:P
  • Reply 6 of 6
    posterboyposterboy Posts: 147member
    Just for clarification:

I am going to buy an AEBS to replace my existing Netgear router and ABS v1 (Graphite).

I am also awaiting shipment on a PlayStation2 Network Adapter.

I have heard that the ABS/AEBS doesn't route all the right ports/transmissions that the PS2 Network Adapter needs, and I am trying to confirm if this is true or not.

--PB