Rosenblatt throws in the towel on AAPL coverage

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    Contrarian POV: Short capitulation is the sign that a top share price has been reached.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    His 'opinions' don't seem to match reality. Maybe he needs a new job and just works directly for Samsung and the other Tech companies that love to try an undermine Apple.
    watto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 23 of 43
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Quite obvious: they fired his wildly inaccurate ass. 

And they’ve stopped covering other companies as well? Sounds like their clients are jumping ship. 
    edited January 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 43
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    If you are wrong every time or your team loses every game for four years straight then you should definitely reconsider your place in this world.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 43
    Sacrificial lamb. Well, OK, goat.
    JWSCcornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 43
    Well....at least he stuck to his guns until the bitter end....giving a guidance number $70 below the current price (Jan 24th) up until he got the boot. He must have shorted a crapload of AAPL way back when and kept waiting to cover his position, but never could.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Fake news isn’t doing so hot these days. 

People are waking up and paying people to publish their hate isn’t working. 

So long, anti-Apple guy! 

Hopefully he learns and it doesn’t take libel suits to get him on a more honest path in life. 
    watto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Interesting that rosenblatt as a whole won’t cover Apple now that they can’t bash them. 

Tells me all I need to know. 

Rosenblatt is fake news. 

A securities company that refuses to cover one stock that just so happens to be the best thing going says it all. 

They exist to manipulate the market with lies. Therefore, no one should report or publish anything rosenblatt purports. They have shown their colors and have basically admitted to biased manipulation here. 

They are now irrelevant and should be ignored by every platform. 
    watto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 29 of 43
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Considering his educational background, it is solid proof that you can have all this fancy education, and still be dumber than dirt.

While it's good that analysts like him finally had their comeuppance, but that he got paid a handsome sum all these years for producing nothing but garbage is still a shame.  
    Fred257stompycornchipwatto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 30 of 43
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    I'm more amazed that it took 4 years of consistently and hilariously wrong analysis before the company booted him.
    Fred257viclauyyccornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 43
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    What an idiot.

He was either very, very dumb or perhaps criminally corrupt and bought.

Either way, it's about time that analysts are held accountable for their failures.
    Fred257cornchipwatto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 32 of 43
    Fred257Fred257 Posts: 237member
    Buh buy...not sure why it took so long 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 43
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    "The next iPhone won't have sufficient features to drive sales unless it has a killer face lift. Although improved performance is possible. Which could drive sales. But it won't. Probably. But if it could it might. Unless it doesn't. So buy high and sell low. Wait. That doesn't seem right. Don't buy now, it might go up. Wait and see. But don't wait too long..."

Leo Laprat once told his dad to sell his Apple stock when Jobs was ousted. 'Steve's gone, Apple's gonna die.' His dad didn't sell and Laprat says Dad calls him up after every QR to remind him he didn't take Leo's advice.  Dad's a cool dude.
    viclauyyccornchipwatto_cobrabadmonk
  • Reply 34 of 43
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,373member
    He’s leaving to spend more time with his other fantasies. 
    Solicornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 43
    dewme said:
    He’s leaving to spend more time with his other fantasies. 
    Like Gene Munster and his Apple Television.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 43
    DRBDRB Posts: 34member
    mike1 said:

At this time, it isn't clear why Zhang left Rosenblatt.

Probably because his "analyses" have been consistently wrong.
    Who's are consistently right? Most analysts are going to be off by a small amount. Even Apple can't predict EXACTLY how their quarter is going to end up until AFTER they have finished their accounting. Everything prior is just speculation and ONLY speculation. Show me someone that's 100% accurate.. :-)
  • Reply 37 of 43
    This guy reminds me of Dan Niles who is always shorting Apple as it continues to soar. I don’t have a clue why CNBC keeps having him on when Apple reports earnings...you’d lose a lot of money following his recommendations.

it was really funny yesterday when they asked him if he was glad he got out of Apple a few weeks ago...why he would say that I don’t have a clue as the stock is much higher now and even if he got out now he’d make a lot more money for his clients. He claims Apple is always too expensive especially when compared to its suppliers...well, he forgets Apple can replace any of its suppliers at any time, but customers will demand the Apple brand no matter who supplies them.

I’m sure they’ll have him on again next quarter when the stock is another $50 higher and he’ll be trashing the company again.
    edited January 2020 SpamSandwichcornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 43
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    DRB said:
    mike1 said:

Who's are consistently right? Most analysts are going to be off by a small amount. Even Apple can't predict EXACTLY how their quarter is going to end up until AFTER they have finished their accounting. Everything prior is just speculation and ONLY speculation. Show me someone that's 100% accurate.. :-)
    There's a difference in being slightly wrong on earnings, like if somebody predicts 42 Billion and Apple comes in at 43.7 Billion.

This guy was dead wrong the entire time, and not just by a little. Drastically off the mark, couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Zhang's predictions for Apple stock pricing have trailed reality -- sometimes by more than $100 -- for about four years.

That sentence says it all.

Those who predict gloom and doom for Apple are complete idiots, as has been proven time and time again.

SpamSandwichcornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 43
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    twistsol1 said:
    If they canned all the incompetent analysts, would there be any left?
    Yes, the competent ones.

/s
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 43
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    DRB said:
    mike1 said:

Every long Apple holder who has owned the stock since Steve Jobs passed.  That’s one set.  Yes, I know there were three times since when the stock dropped significantly, but that doesn’t make long-term shareholders who held throughout wrong.  From then (Oct 05, 2011) until total they multiplied their money by 6x (from $54.01 to $324.34).
    watto_cobra