Apple releases macOS 10.15.3, iOS 13.3.1, iPadOS 13.3.1, tvOS 13.3.1, watchOS 6.1.2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,328member
    Updated 2 of my 3 Macs so far and each one had some sort of annoying glitch post-update. On my Late 2012 iMac the second screen attached via TB was not recognized on the first boot. Rebooted a second time and then the second screen was only recognized and as a 1080p monitor even though the screen is 2560x1440. Changed to the native resolution in settings and now seems ok. On my 2013 MacBook Pro, after the first boot the cursor was very laggy and the sign-in background was not the default Catalina image. Rebooted and everything seems to be normal again.

I'm disheartened to see that Apple seems to be struggling to deliver totally bumpless upgrades these days, at least with older Mac hardware and Catalina. Every upgrade with Catalina seems to be somewhat of a non-deterministic crapshoot. Sure, rebooting a couple of times seems to remedy the situation and get things working, but these are totally brainless and BS hacks to bring what should be a totally deterministic process under control. This is a Mac dammit, not some bucket-o-kludge Windows PC system. 

Details ... details ... details. When the little stuff starts slipping and sloppiness becomes the norm - game over.

C'mon Apple, get your act together.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 22 of 24
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Not a very comprehensive list of fixes, as usual.

What an endless mess. I sort of feel bad having advised people to move to Apple products some years back, when Apple were a different and better company. It hadn’t occurred to me that the company could so dramatically change a few years later. So naive. I was under considerable strain at the time, so... :-/

Apple’s products are still less irritating than the alternative... but that’s no justification for their complacency.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Undocumented fix in macOS 10.15.3 Music app. Prior to updating it drive me crazy that I could not use the Page Up and Page Down keys to advance up and down in the Album View list of my library like I could in iTunes. AS of macOS 10.15.3 these keys can once again be used to navigate up and down a "page" at a time in Album view of your library. Thanks Apple!

Now please bring back the ability to Command Click on the Album art to get a variable size window to scale the album art as big or small as I like. 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    philux said:
    My macbook pro 2019 16" has had its performance halved with the 10.15.3 update.

With 10.15.2 & below, the macbook pro 2019 16" was constantly freezing & force restarting when doing intensive tasks:

A lot of users suspect there has been a bad batch from apple, and instead of issuing these high paying customers with replacements, they have applied a performance throttle to the faulty batch.

My bottom of the line macbook 2016 13" and mid range iMac 2015 27" now outperform my macbook pro 2019 16" rendering the exact same projects. This is daylight robbery.
    So return it or get it fixed. It's not "robbery" just because you may be having hardware problems.