aapl?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I bought aapl after it tanked for $22. It has been around $14-15 for the last few months. I bought some yesterday at around $14.50 thinking that there has to be some upside to the stock once they finally come out with new towers.

Any thoughts

bokap

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    the market goes up.... the market goes down......
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    haha, i bout some shares when it was "so low and couldn't go any lower" at 19.47

-then-

it did the unthinkable and went EVEN lower...so i bouth MORE shares at 14.96

-my thinking-

if it goes back up, the lower shares will balance out the higher shares enough and i will perhaps still make some

i'm hoping with the 970 for professionals and 10.3, and other misc rumored apple stuff it will go up
  • Reply 3 of 6
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    apple stock is on sale and has been for a long time.

generally, however, americans prefer to pay over MSRP when it comes to stock prices.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    The last time I looked at the numbers, if all of the assets and cash were divvied up it would be worth more than the stock. I think.?.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by muah

The last time I looked at the numbers, if all of the assets and cash were divvied up it would be worth more than the stock. I think.?.

More or less, but the operation doesn't make a profit until you count the interest it makes on the mountain of cash it has. As prevailing interest rates have fallen, so has the projected returns on the cash.

2003 is not seen as a big growth year so aapl is a play on what will happen 2004 or 2005.