France refuses to say which side they support

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would think this pretty much shows that the French goverment wasn't concerned about inspections working and instead had an entirely different motive at heart.

France cannot say who it supports

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    **** man what the **** did you expect? No that's being too hard. What we know now is that Saddam and France were buddy buddy. France can and will do business with anyone under any circumstances. Why would Saddam ever think he'd have to comply with 1441 when France was backing him the whole way? It's s a clear indication that France is not only anti-american but also should be removed from the UNSC.

Now they'd can't pick sides. Brutal anti-Semitic dictator vs pluralistic democratic countries that France owes it existence to. History repeats?
  • Reply 2 of 50
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    France screwed up big time. It's coming back around on them.

When you can't answer the question: are you for the US or for Hussein? You are in a very very rough spot.

And OF COURSE France had ulterior motives. Anyone convinced this was all idealistic has a slow-moving brain.
  • Reply 3 of 50
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Wow. That is sad...you'd think at least they could have fielded the question better.

Weren't they once known for diplomacy?
  • Reply 4 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    why does france hate us so?

perhaps they didn't want to be liberated from germany?

do they just not want us to mess wtih iraq cuz they do business together?
  • Reply 5 of 50
    I don't think French diplomats hate the US. The populace does.

Also, they get a lot of political power out of oppossing the US. It makes perfect sense for a shrinking power to act this way to increase their visibility in a world that's growing past them.

Kind of like the old actress that doesn't age very gracefully.

The UK is Judi Dench carrying her talent into the future and France is ready for their close-up.
  • Reply 6 of 50
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Trumptman : your link doesn't work.

Groverat : French people doesn't hate US , they do not understand them, nor the US people understand Europe.

Scott : for busisness, How do you explain that Iraq possess US rockets and use it against US army ?

As this link doesnt work i did not read what was inside. I just could say that your beloved B52 fly from UK throught the french sky to go bombing Irak. And at the contrary of turkey (also member of Nato) she did not ask anything for that.
  • Reply 7 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    maybe we should split france into two parts. one that supports Iraq and one that supports the US......

*fix your link too btw*

after reading the link, it doesn't seem like it's all that bad. the guy had already said they supported the coaltion forces, then he keeps getting asked the same question over and over again. he finally gets sick of it and there's your reply.

dunno, this seems like a lot of nothing to me.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

maybe we should split france into two parts. one that supports Iraq and one that supports the US......

*fix your link too btw*

80 % of the population is against war, 20 is for war, 0% is for Iraq.

Personally i am against this war, but now as she has started, US and UK must win ( i writed on the subject in another thread).
  • Reply 9 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I don't think French diplomats hate the US. The populace does.

Been to France have you? EVER?

On the contrary, the French populace doesn't hate you, they hate your diplomats.

And French diplomats hate your diplomats too.

In this they're in good company.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    Well that's good news. If the French people like me I will like them.

Give me a hug France!

I guess we just hate each others diplomats!

Come and eat catfish with me, powerdoc. We will have a peace summit over fried catfish and tartar sauce.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    Do not break catfish with the Chiraqis until they toss that unilateral obstructionist glorymonger and the noxious vermin he has working for him into the Channel immediately. Entente Cordiale my ass.
  • Reply 12 of 50
    Hush your face, communist.

I was planning on holding powerdoc hostage until Chiraq supported our unilateral war of unilateralism. Thanks for screwing up the plan.

I'm reporting you to Tom Ridge.
  • Reply 13 of 50
    Quote:

Been to France have you? EVER?

On the contrary, the French populace doesn't hate you, they hate your diplomats.

But of course you know that in all seriousness the French- people and government- have always had a strain of anti-Americanism running through both their culture and their politics. Far more so than any other European nation.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    Communist eh? If it weren't for me and Davy Crockett you'd be eatin your burrito with no carne asade and hawking cheap trinkets right this minute to the people waiting to get into the US at the Oklahoma border right now. You remember Oklahoma right? That's where Bob "Chiraq" Stoops and the Sooners dwell as the sole hyperpower of Big 12 football. In this analogy, Longhorn = France and Sooner = US.
  • Reply 15 of 50
    Ok maybe that was too brutal. sorry.
  • Reply 16 of 50
    oooooh... the raaaaaage!

ALLAH AKBAR! JIHAD WOLVERINE!
  • Reply 17 of 50
    Starring Chris Simms as de Villepin de Villain of the Red River Shootout.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    Not that I would read left leaning Eurotripe media but the BBC had a different take on the speech:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2892561.stm
  • Reply 19 of 50
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    It doesn't matter anymore. The war has already started and the French's views are totally ignored.
  • Reply 20 of 50
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    It's wonderful how the French Muslim community, who used to boo the French national anthem when they played eg Algeria have been united by Chirac's stand. He's managed to do more for integration then any of his predecessors.

Result: less terror in France.

Meanwhile, we go on doing the "liberating" and the wider Muslim community hate us for it. As the .sig says, "Wishing is for suckers," but no matter how hard you wish the wider Muslim community hates us more every day, and the Iraqi's aren't exactly showering us with fukcing flowers either.

Oh yeh, expect a permanent level of terrorist acts against the occupying administration which the US will be utterly powerless to prevent unless the guy running the place is an Iraqi Muslim, chosen by the UN prior to Iraqi elections. Which is as likely as the Pentagon choosing me to run the place.