Arlo adds HomeKit support to Arlo Pro 3 smart home camera system

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2020
After releasing the Arlo Pro 3 at the end of 2019, Arlo is bringing HomeKit support to the popular smart home security camera through a free firmware update.

Arlo Pro 3
Arlo Pro 3

Available on Wednesday, the Arlo Pro 3 may be updated to support Apple's smart home platform. HomeKit will allow you to see the cameras within the Home app as well as use the motion sensor to trigger scenes and other accessories whenever motion is detected.

At the moment, this is just support for HomeKit and not HomeKit Secure Video. HomeKit Secure Video would allow recording of video footage in iCloud. Currently, users will still need to rely on Arlo and Arlo's cloud services for remote video storage.

The update is rolling out to Arlo Pro 3 systems with SmartHub version VMB4540. Compatibility with other base station models will be coming in the future.

Here's how to find out which SmartHub you have, and install the update

• Open the Arlo app then select Settings
  • Tap on My Devices
  • Tap on SmartHub >
  • Tap Device Info and check the Hardware ID
  • If the update is avaialble, tap on Firmware to check for the update.

The Arlo Pro 3 is successor to the popular Arlo Pro 2 camera system from Arlo that includes support for 2K UHD video, 160-degree field of view, color night vision, and more.

Grab the Arlo Pro 3 now from Amazon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Can we please get homekit support for the arlo video doorbell now??? That would be amazing?? 

Homekit or ARLO VIDEO DOORBELL!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Arlo tried the arlo pro cam, they stumbled and until now mine were not fixed so I give up on homekit
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Homekit with secure video support is the only way to peak my interest in these cameras enough for a purchase.
    watto_cobra