Apple's iPhone 11 Pro used to film new Lady Gaga music video 'Stupid Love'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2020
Pop diva Lady Gaga is set to release a new single titled "Stupid Love" on Friday, and in a tweet revealed the song's accompanying music video was shot using Apple's iPhone 11 Pro.

Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga in "Stupid Love," shot on iPhone 11 Pro.

Gaga referenced Apple's "Shot on iPhone" campaign in a tweet teasing the upcoming release of "Stupid Love" to her more than 80 million followers on Thursday. The song and video debut on Friday at midnight.

Along with still shots from the video and what appears to be the single's cover art, Gaga offered a sample of "Stupid Love" in two roughly minute-long clips that were concurrently published to her official YouTube channel. The entire production, which appears to take place on an alien planet, was captured using Apple's iPhone 11 Pro, according to a short description.

With "Stupid Love," Gaga marks a return to the spotlight after a nearly three-year hiatus. Her last single, "The Cure," was released in April 2017. In the interim, Gaga starred in and penned tracks for the film "A Star is Born" and inked a two-year concert residency at Park MGM in Las Vegas.

Gaga is not the first major act to rely on iPhone for music video duties. In October, Selena Gomez used iPhone 11 to film a moody black-and-white accompaniment to "Lose You to Love Me," a long-awaited follow-up to 2015's Revival.

Prior to Gomez, Apple partnered with FKA Twigs, Florence and the Machine, and Kamali Washington to produce the "Shot on iPhone On Tour" series, which featured live concert footage captured on iPhone XS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Very confused by those "teasers". Is she on drugs?

• Reply 2 of 12
    Very confused by those "teasers". Is she on drugs?
    No I love it! The two men were fighting over her and she came to stop it, but clearly has some powers, she then signs All I wanted was love.

leehammwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 12
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    It’s the Eloi vs the Morlocks. 
    firelockwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 12
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    But all I hear is morons saying iPhone is "too expensive!"

It still blows my mind to this day how functional the iPhone is. What a value!!
    radarthekatStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Beats said:

It most certainly is, but it is still a legitimate question to ask if you need all that value?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    bala1234 said:
    Beats said:

It most certainly is, but it is still a legitimate question to ask if you need all that value?

I mean if you only use it as a phone, it isn't. That doesn't mean all it's features suddenly disappear either.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Fashion is a head scratcher...

I’m not sure mentioning ‘shot on iPhone’ is Apple approved.  There might be a villain in that scene...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    bala1234 said:
    Beats said:

If you need to ask, then you don’t need it. Apple customers don’t typically need to ask. Those who do ask end up with Android phones or stick with a land line.
    edited February 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    bala1234 said:
    Beats said:

1. Need
    2. Want
    3. Can afford

If 3 is true 1 and 2 aren’t so important.  For less than your monthly cable bill (how many things does a TV do) you get the most powerful, capable, best performing, most functional and pocketable, connected supercomputer ever created by humans.   Until next year.  
    StrangeDaysmacguiwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 12
    bala1234 said:
    Beats said:

Thankfully Apple sells several tiers of iPhone.

Myself, going for the 11 Pro was not a difficult decision — a phone, a point and shoot camera, a camcorder, an iPod, a GPS navigator, a remote for home automation, workout logs, utilities, portable DVD player, pocket computing, etc etc.. was def worth 1000 bucks. 
    edited February 2020 jony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    bala1234 said:
    Beats said:

Thankfully Apple sells several tiers of iPhone.

Myself, going for the 11 Pro was not a difficult decision — a phone, a point and shoot camera, a camcorder, an iPod, a GPS navigator, a remote for home automation, workout logs, utilities, portable DVD player, pocket computing, etc etc.. was def worth 1000 bucks. 

We've just become spoiled and entitled because of it.

Pre-iPhone I used to pay $300 for a clunky camera with a tiny LCD on it. No apps, no editing features, no wifi,  just a camera and a tiny screen.

To give people a perspective the Wii came out in 2006. Back then a few people got it because it had a "web browser". You had to PAY for the web browser.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 12
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    1. Need
    2. Want
    3. Can afford

If 3 is true 1 and 2 aren’t so important.  
    So many people forget that, and/or chose to take it upon themselves to speak for others saying "It's too expensive!!!!". Yet the majority of those people are silent when Samsung or anybody else produces a similarly or more expensive phone, There's very little outcry then.

If I had to get a new phone from today's top tier, it would be the 11 Pro, not because of all its features and utility, but because its the smallest (barely) of Apple's latest crop. But it's still far bigger than I want. In my case 1 would crush 2 in spite of and regardless of 3.