Apple's smart ring may expand to cover an entire finger

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    It's the perfect device for all those who love to give Apple the finger. :-(
    spice-boy
  • Reply 22 of 26
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member
    razorpit said:
    It was easy for Apple to get me to start wearing a watch again. For me to wear a ring I would have to replace my wedding band because I seriously doubt you would ever see me with more than one ring on my fingers. This would have to be one incredible product.

How many Apple geeks will give the Apple Ring AS an engagement ring??? 🤣
    razorpitbaconstangspice-boy
  • Reply 23 of 26
    seanjseanj Posts: 318member
    I already have a ring that acts like a prepaid card which I mainly use for payment on the London Underground. Being a ring it’s always on me so I don’t have to worry about forgetting my wallet. Yes I could use my iPhone, but I’d have to get it out of my pocket. Yes I could use my Apple Watch, except being right-handed I wear it on my left wrist, but the payment pad is in the right-hand side of the barrier.
    Must easier for me to walk up to the barrier and fist-bump the pad with the ring on my right pinkie finger.
    So yeah, if Apple did something like this I’d be interested.

(BTW for those of you not from London. If you ever visit as a tourist, never dawdle at Tube barriers looking for tickets or your iPhone to pay. The locals here are ALWAYS in a rush! :D  ) 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Ummmmmmmm.   Yeah.  I can’t unsee the illustrations now.  🤦‍♂️
  • Reply 25 of 26
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    DAalseth said:
    Let's see one ring that grows and shrinks as it needs and taps into unlimited power from afar. I gotta say as a fan of Lord of the Rings this makes me slightly uncomfortable.
    https://www.designbygeometry.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/apple-park-logo-complete.jpg

One ring to rule them all...
  • Reply 26 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    cincytee said:
    I'd think the market for this would be mainly medical, not mass consumer. Go to the doctor's office, clinic, or hospital, and they slip a sensor sleeve on your finger. Lets medical staff monitor wide range of body functions in real time.
    Proctologist might have other uses for it.